Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hp pavilion model 15-cs0033nla
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

So I just got my laptop 2days ago and after I put my password it just goes blank. I installed some apps like anti virus, google and VLC, what could be the problem. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Oma23 Greetings from the HP Community!

A recent update in the background if interrupted could have caused the issue, and I suggest we perform the below steps to resolve it:

• Let's perform a power reset as per HP standards:
  • Ensure your laptop is OFF.
  • Unplug all the external devices (If any).
  • Disconnect the power charger from the computer, and remove the battery.
  • Press and hold the power button for about 30 seconds.
  • Connect the power supply (power adapter).
  • Press the power button to turn on your laptop.
  • Then put your battery back.

for more details: Click here

If the device still doesn't boot, try booting into safe mode using these steps: click here,

If it boots into windows now, try the below steps:

1. On your keyboard, press the CtrlShift and Esc keys at the same time to invoke Task Manager.
  2. Click the Details tab (or the Processes tab if you’re using Windows 7).
  3.  Scroll down and find the explorer.exe process.
  4. If yes, end the process by selecting explorer.exe and clicking End task.
  5. Restart your HP laptop and see if it fixes the black screen issues.

If you can’t find explorer.exe in the list, you can run the process on your own:

1. Still in Task Manager, click File and select Run new task.
  2. Type explorer.exe and press Enter on your keyboard.
  3. The process will run and you can check if your desktop becomes normal.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.