cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
manar_a
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Blue screen after I updated my laptop

HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion x360
Microsoft Windows XP (64-bit)

When I try to update my laptop the network stopped and a blue screen appeared with message “recovery “ ... error code: 0xc000000f 

what can I do?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Echo_Lake
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,897 21,856 969 1,007
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@manar_a

Welcome to HP Forums,

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand, you're getting a Blue screen error message on your computer, 

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).
  • Have you attempted any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?
  • When was the last time it worked without these issues?
  • Did this happen while performing Windows Update? 
  • Could you share a screenshot of the Blue screen error message?

Let's try these steps: 

If Windows update is causing a Blue screen, let's download and run a Windows update troubleshooterhttps://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027322/windows-update-troubleshooter

Perform quick System Test: 

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

2. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.

3. On the main menu, click System Tests.

4. From the main menu, click System Tests, and then click Quick Test.

5. Click Run once.

While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component are shown on the screen. The test can take up to 15 minutes.

Keep me posted,

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation