Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x2 - 10t-n100 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My Microsoft Arc Touch bluetooth mouse, more often than not, shows "paired" and not "connected" when I power on. I must re-pair, then it works. This seems to have started happening after the Microsoft Creator's Update. I've reinstalled the bluetooth driver from HP (Intel 19.60.0.3) and installed fresh batteries with no luck. The mouse works flawlessy on another tablet. The Winodws Bluetooth setting "make this PC discoverable" is checked. The box that states "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" is not checked. Help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@arbee83

Thank you for the replying,

Please take your time and get back to me with the results,

I'll be awaiting your response and would be glad to help.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@arbee83

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, 

Riddle_Decipher is at your service. 

As I understand the Bluetooth mouse doesn't auto-connect after the device is restarted,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Was it working any time in the recent past?

if it was, did you attempt a system restore?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to do, 
You can check these settings by doing the following:

1. Right-click on Start, and select Device Manager.
  2. In Device Manager, click the arrow next to Bluetooth, and select the Bluetooth radio.
  3. Right-click the Bluetooth radio and select Properties.
  4. Select the Power Management tab, and see if there is a check next to Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.

On the Advanced tab for the Properties of your Bluetooth radio, check the HCI and LMP versions.  

If these versions are 6.0 or higher, then update to the latest radio driver available by checking Windows Update. If there is no update available, check with the manufacturer of your PC using their support site. You can also uncheck the box next to the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power option in the Device Manager, as listed above.

To access Windows Update:

Windows 10: Select Start, and choose Settings. Click on Update and Security.

And install all available updates for your windows to resolve the issue.

Let me know how that pans out

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon,

followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' as it would help the community gain more knowledge,

And Have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes, the mouse had worked well in the past, i.e. it was recognized immediately on power up. I have not done a system restore, as the problem just might be the Creator's Update, and reverting to the prior version is not an option in my case.

The HCI and LMP versions are both 8.XXXX. My Windows is up to date. As I mentioned in my original post, the power management is set correctly re: turning off to save power.

I did install the Microsoft driver for the Arc Touch mouse, and so far, so good. Time will tell if this is a permanent fix. The driver did allow me to silence the annoying clicking sound while scrolling. I will post back in a few days in any event.

HP Recommended

@arbee83

Thank you for the replying,

Please take your time and get back to me with the results,

I'll be awaiting your response and would be glad to help.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Since I installed the Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse software (I'm not so sure a driver was included in the software package: I see that the mouse driver is still provided by Intel), the mouse has worked flawlessly. At this point, I'm going to call it a day and consider this thread closed. Thanks for your suggestions.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.