Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP envy x360 15-bp150na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought the laptop with the intent of using it for digital artwork and illustrations. The sellers told us the laptop didn't come with a stylus, so we bought a Bamboo Ink. Turns out the laptop does come with a stylus, but neither of them seem to be pressure sensitive with the laptop. 
I've seen somewhere that this laptop doesn't have a pressure sensitive screen, but I'm not really sure what to trust anymore. Please help me before I break down.

The art programs that I use are Paint tool SAI and Clip Studio paint. 

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@oliwia_s

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 

As I understand you need information on the pressure sensitivity, 

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you check the user guide pr product specifications for details?

Which stylus do you have? could you provide the part number to identify it? and help accordingly.

While you respond to that, here's what you need to know:

According to your product specifications, this is your display/screen information:

39.6 cm (15.6") diagonal FHD IPS micro-edge WLED-backlit multitouch-enabled edge-to-edge glass (1920 x 1080)

It has multi-touch feature, and should normally work with a compatible stylus.

Use this link to identify, pre-shipped parts: https://hp.care/2HFtqCk

Also, for troubleshooting issues with stylus usages, use this link: https://hp.care/2yvFxZB

Do get back to me as I have a few more tricks up my sleeve, 

As I will follow up to ensure your concern is resolved,

That said, If I have helped you resolve the issue, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' 

And Have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

HELLO! I'm VERY glad this post was made IM HAVING THE SAME ISSUE. Just bought my new Envy 360 just for art. Paint tool sai ver 1 and i also got the Bamboo. The pen works for everything else but the part program i need. cs321ak is on my bam pen box. please help me!!

HP Recommended

Hi @Artsi_Amateur1

Welcome to HP Forums!

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

Since the Stylus is working with other programs, this could be an issue with the compatibility of this program with the tablet.

I would request you to contact the Software Manufacturer for assistance and they will be able to help you with this software.

Check and let us know the outcome.

Have a Wonderful Day!

Cheers

MathewT
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Hello! I don’t think it’s my Stylus. When I stop using the stylus and just use my finger or mouse it’s the same thing, no stabilization. Lol I think I would be smart enough to know if it was just the pen...... Do you maybe have any other ideas?

HP Recommended

Hi @Artsi_Amateur1

Are you able to use your Stylus or touch with all the other programs?

I found some information about this software online which talks about making some changes. I am not sure if this will work but you can give this a try.

Open SAI > Click on Others > Options > Digitizer Support > Find Coordinate Mode and select the option Pen instead of Mouse.

Check if this helps. If its a problem with the software, contact the software manufacturer and they should be able to give you a better update or suggestion about this issue.

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow.

Cheers

MathewT
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Yeh 😞 I tried that to, mines was automatically set on pen already.  I might have to return it if Geek can’t help me. I did research on this issue until 3 am one night.

HP Recommended

Hey! After several months I think I accepted the fact that this laptop's pressure will not work with Sai1, as the program itself does not cooperate with pen tablets. However, SAI2 does. I think thaf if you go into the settings of the program you can choose a 'Pen tablet' option. I believe you can do the same with Clip Studio Paint's settings.

I hope this helps!

HP Recommended

FEAR NOT MY FRIEND!!!! As of last night I found the answer!! GOOD LORD 😭 after even going to geek squad and they couldn’t help. Listen to me. You must download WINTAB I was ready to give in and return the laptop but I finally found the solution and the happiness that i experience was beyond words.D47EEE37-84AC-450E-93C3-BD76CACF39DC.jpeg

HP Recommended

It’s on windows so it’s safe to download. Do it. And you will faithfully be able to use Paint tool sai bee 1 again. Spread the word.

@oliwia_s wrote:

@oliwia_s wrote:

Hey! After several months I think I accepted the fact that this laptop's pressure will not work with Sai1, as the program itself does not cooperate with pen tablets. However, SAI2 does. I think thaf if you go into the settings of the program you can choose a 'Pen tablet' option. I believe you can do the same with Clip Studio Paint's settings.

I hope this helps!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.