Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 13 (581 Views)

Can't Save a New Contact

Whenever I try and add a new contact on the original Palm Pre (Bell), I get the message saying "Error: There was an error saving this contact. Please Try again" My default account is set to my Palm Profile. Anyone have any ideas what could be wrong?? I tried resyncing my Palm Profile and restarting the phone, I tried uninstalling all my patches, I don't know where else to go from here other than to doctor the phone. I'm running webOS 1.4.5

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks

Post relates to: Pre p100eww (Bell)

0 Kudos
Distinguished Professor
Message 2 of 13 (581 Views)

Re: Can't Save a New Contact

Erase apps and data, sign back into the profile. See if that will correct the issue. I have seen this work for this problem.

For reference purposes, click on the following link for the support page for your device on the kb.palm.com webpage.
http://kb.palm.com/wps/portal/kb/na/pre/p100eww/bell/home/page_en.html

There are links on the page to the user guide, troubleshooting, how to's, downloads, etc.

Honor Student
Message 3 of 13 (581 Views)

Seriously?  Your solution is to erase everything and start completely fresh?  This is akin to an Outlook bug being solved by "formatting your hard drive and reinstalling Windows".

Please, another solution that is actually practical please.  How about a software update to fix this issue??

Provost
Message 4 of 13 (581 Views)

arcee49 wrote:

Seriously?  Your solution is to erase everything and start completely fresh?  This is akin to an Outlook bug being solved by "formatting your hard drive and reinstalling Windows".

Please, another solution that is actually practical please.  How about a software update to fix this issue??

What a wonderful first reply, arcee49!  ;-)

You received an immediate response from an HP CSR, and your reply is to blast what he proffered?

Do you actually expect this helpful person to rewrite an entire OS to meet your needs?

How about trying his suggestion first, then replying if you have continuing issues?

WyreNut 

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
Honor Student
Message 5 of 13 (581 Views)

WyreNut wrote:

arcee49 wrote:

What a wonderful first reply, arcee49!  ;-)

You received an immediate response from an HP CSR, and your reply is to blast what he proffered?

Do you actually expect this helpful person to rewrite an entire OS to meet your needs?

How about trying his suggestion first, then replying if you have continuing issues?

WyreNut 

I don't know if you noticed but the post I responded to is over 1 year old, and I have never posted before.  So how can you say I got an "immediate response from an HP CSR"?

Who said anything about having them "rewrite an entire OS to meet [my] needs"?  First off, if by "my needs" you mean I'd like to add contacts to my address book, then I believe that's EVERYBODY'S needs, not just my own.  What good is an address book if it can't be used?  And secondly, why would you need to rewrite the OS?  Fix the issue.  That's it.  A software update doesn't mean you have to start from scratch.

And I will not try his "first suggestion".  It is his ONLY suggestion.  So what am I to do if I erase everything and it still doesn't work?  Will your new solution be to buy a new phone?

Provost
Message 6 of 13 (581 Views)

Sorry, in my haste to read and answer the many dozens of questions posted daily, I somehow missed the fact you replied to a year-old post, and did not start the thread. For that I apologize.

Most of the users here don't respond to year-old posts, realizing that they are old, and other solutions may have been offered already, and the person(s) involved in the thread may not even be around to hear your criticism.  I guess that may have been a contributing factor to my error.

However, his advice was good, and he stated it had worked before. I've wiped my webOS devices many times without any problems, and they restored as designed. (I'm about to wipe one now, as a matter of fact!)

The decision is yours.  Good luck!

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
Student
Message 7 of 13 (581 Views)

I know it scary - I've had to wipe one as well -- it's fixable.

Tutor
Message 8 of 13 (573 Views)

I experienced this issue with my Pre Plus (Verizon P101EWW) running webOS 1.4.5.1.  Erase Apps & Data and signing back into my profile appears to have corrected it.

Tutor
Message 9 of 13 (508 Views)

Today I tried to save a new contact, and now the issue is back.

I know I successfully saved several new contacts after the erase on 2013-03-10.

Is this the sign of an issue with my Pre Plus?  An issue with my profile?  Virus/malware?

Tutor
Message 10 of 13 (446 Views)

This appears to be a profile issue.  The WiFi radio failed in my Pre Plus and I replaced it with a new one.  After activating and syncing the replacement, it also is unable to save a new contact.  I will try erasing apps & data on the replacment and see if that works on the replacement.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation