cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
alfausto
6 3 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Can't change bios to Legacy

HP Recommended
HP Omni 10
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi!

I tried to change the tablet's BIOS from UEFI to Legacy but i couldnt find the option. Does anyone knows how to do that? the BIOS is Insyde bios F.0F. If you need more information, just let me know. Regards.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
30,702 30,609 2,795 6,753
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@alfausto

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

IF you force your BIOS/UEFI to change to Legacy, Win10 will not longer boot.

Is that what you want?

If you're changing your BIOS to dual boot a Linux distro -- DO NOT DO THAT!  As then, you will not be able to reboot back into Win10, only into Linux.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
alfausto
Author
6 3 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Actually I want to change to Legacy because i want to do some "experiments" with the tablet using Linux. At the end, legacy or UEFI, i can reinstall windows without problem...

0 Kudos
alfausto
Author
6 3 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Actually I want to change to Legacy because i want to do some "experiments" with the tablet using Linux. At the end, legacy or UEFI, i can reinstall windows without problem...

0 Kudos
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
30,702 30,609 2,795 6,753
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@alfausto

OK, then in that case, see if you can boot the Tablet from a USB containing Linux -- to try to run in Live mode to see if the hardware is detected and working drivers are installed.

Tablets are notoriously hard to install Linux on since most of them don't allow booting from external media.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation