Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop
Install CD lost. Either laptop has virus or subscription expired. Are we able to get replacement install CD?
8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

AjcSmc,

You need to tell me the product number or full model number of your computer. Otherwise I will not know what to advise as they are all different. :Wink:

HP Recommended

Hi! On my receipt is says: HP Black15. (removed content) . Would that be a correct number? If not, I'll be going to La. this weekend and I can get the information that you need. Thank you for your help! SC

HP Recommended

The reciept number is only applicable to the Store.

Are you saying you made your recovery drive/disks for your laptop and dont have them anymore, but want to reinstall Windows 10, correct?

You can try using the Microsoft Media Creation Tool to clean install Windows 10 again via USB.

If by chance it has a problem with the activation, you would need to continue to purchase the media from HP.

Create media Windows 10

Then you would need to install the correct drivers for your specific model.

I can point you to that page once you are able find the product number.

HP Recommended

Hi! I'm sorry it took so long but I FINALLY got the Serial Number and Midel number from our ex daughter in law. The Model Number is: 15-1059WN. I really hope we can get replacement software as she will need her computer a lot this year. How do we get other programs for it also? Maybe there's a student program or something that she can do papers with? Any information and help is truly appreciated as otherwise this was wasted money on an item that she really needs. Thank you very much for your assistance.    Sincerely,     Sarah Crescioni

HP Recommended

Hello Sarah,

That number is not bringing anything up. Are you sure thats the right model number?

Dont send the serial number. Its for your own security.

There will be a product number on the bottom of the case.

Or it will be located inside the battery compartment (if the battery is removable).

I did find a similar number... 15-f059wm, a walmart model. Could that be the number?

HP Recommended
It very well could be the number as I purchased it from WalMart. Where would we look for that number? I don't have the computer with me unfortunately and none of the so called " adults" are responsible enough to help me with this. It would probably be at least two more weeks before I could go get it.
HP Recommended
Is number :888793649889 a correct number?
HP Recommended

Ill private message you. It will show up in your email.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.