Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Car Camcorder F870G

Firstly, apologies for this being in the wrong board! There doesn't appear to be a board relating to dash cam issues at all!!

--------------

I just recently purchased the f870g car camcorder (dash cam).

I am completely unable to start this device up!
 When I plug it into the car charging port and start the engine up, the charging LED lights up red, but even when I click/hold down the power button, it simply won't turn on.
 There is definitely power coming from the port as the charger lights up green and I regularly charge other devices from that port.

There doesn't seem to be anything in the user manual indicating that this could be a problem and could really do with some help please.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @jlfrost92,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

This is a wonderful place to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips.

I reviewed your post and understand that the car camcorder is not powering on.

I'll be glad to help you 🙂

I recommend you contact HP phone support and they will assist you in this regard.

Here is how you can get in touch with the phone support.

Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Enter Product number or select to autodetects

Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number.

Let me know how it goes. Awaiting your reply!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. Give us some reinforcement by clicking “Accepted Solution” that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.

Cheers 🙂

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the same problem.  Sadly, the link does not lead to any help.  The HP website is confusing and impossible to navigate.  The product simply is not listed anywhere. 

This is frustrating and annoying.

As the product does not work, I will have to return it to the retailer and perhaps buy a product that works and is supplied with meaningful support. 

HP Recommended

Hello @david-boulton1

Yes the HP Support page can be confusing.

DigiLife is an affiliate of HP and and as I understand it, handles the support since they are the makers.

I would also contact them.

You have to fill out the form and submit it from the link below.

http://hp-imagesolution.com/intl/en/contact

If you find out the reason/fix for the issue, would you be kind enough to come back and let us on the forum know?

Thank you.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.