cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jimpeel
6 4 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

Category colors on Palm Desktop

HP Recommended

There are no colors for the categories on the Palm Desktop 6.2.2. My wife has 4.x.x on her laptop and the category colors show on the calendar events.

Is there something that I am missing that I am unable to see the category colors or has that function been eliminated in 6.2.2?

When I assign a color to the categories on the Palm Desktop 6.2.2 and sync with her Palm, the colors show up just fine on the Palm Z22 PDA she owns.

If I sync to her laptop the colors show up just fine on the calendar categories on Palm Desktop 4.x.x.

Wassup with that?

Thanks,

j

Post relates to: Palm Z22

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WyreNut
Level 15
16,289 14,840 1,043 2,107
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Access of Japan (the company who authored Palm Desktop 6.2.2) chose to eliminate several features we knew as standard in 4.x.

Color categories is one that was eliminated.   :smileysad:

If you are not using either Vista or Win7, there is no need to use 6.2.2.

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
3 REPLIES 3
WyreNut
Level 15
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Access of Japan (the company who authored Palm Desktop 6.2.2) chose to eliminate several features we knew as standard in 4.x.

Color categories is one that was eliminated.   :smileysad:

If you are not using either Vista or Win7, there is no need to use 6.2.2.

WyreNut

View solution in original post

jimpeel
Author
6 4 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm using XP sp3. Can I revert to 4.x seamlessly?

WyreNut
Level 15
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've never tried reverting backwards myself, but I'd give it a shot!  Uninstall 6.2.2, then run the installation disk again that came with your device.  Since you seem to have another copy of the data on your wife's computer, it should be safe if something goes wrong on your computer.

The older 4.x versions of Palm Desktop did not delete user info when and uninstall was performed.  All your data might just return without even doing a Hotsync!

WyreNut

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation