cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Intern
Intern
53 40 0 4
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Change cursor type in the HP50g

Hi,

I've changed the cursor in the HP50g by accident, now it looks like "█", instead of "|". It just like when you type the "insert" button on your keyboard.  I've thought on resetting it, but I've a lot of equations and I don't want to configure it again if I can help it.

5 REPLIES 5
Grad Student
Grad Student
178 177 17 80
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

you need to provide more information about the keystrokes you are using... specifically, what is the "insert" button that you are referring to...

also, if you have many equations stored on the 50G HOME directory, you should review the use of the ARCHIVE command..

in Algebraic mode,  with an SD card inserted...

ARCHIVE(:3:smileyfrustrated:TUFF)

ENTER

without an SD card

ARCHIVE(:2:smileyfrustrated:TUFF)

ENTER

a file called STUFF will either be put on the SD card or in PORT 2 memory.

the most secure location is the SD card.

if the 50G is corrupted or completely reset, the RESTORE command can be used to recall all data stored in the HOME directory (not items stored in port memory.... which is the reason that the most secure location is the SD card).

0 Kudos
Grad Student
Grad Student
414 341 11 136
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi!, JamesJames:

Save your equations in the SD (Port 3) or, Flash Memory (Port 2).

Reset from factory configuration, the calculator, with clip or ON+F1+F6.

0 Kudos
Associate Professor
Associate Professor
975 952 118 182
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am not sure in what situation you are experiencing this.

However, the "black block" is the default for the Equation editor when editing an equation.

equ_edit_1.gif

Use the down arrow to reduce the size of the selection.

equ_edit_2.gif

equ_edit_3.gif

See:

http://h20331.www2.hp.com/Hpsub/downloads/50gUsing_the_EquationWriter_Part2.pdf

When using the line editor, the cursor is a left facing arrow.

equ_edit_4.gif

Also see: http://h20331.www2.hp.com/Hpsub/downloads/50gUsing_the_EquationWriter.pdf

See http://h20331.www2.hp.com/Hpsub/cache/383680-0-0-225-121.html for more tutorials.

-Bart
PhD Student
708 700 110 163
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You may have modified your font character in the font either by installing a program or by messing around in the character browser. I'd recommend changing your default font size to see if the cursor works again properly. If it does, then you just need to clear or reset the change made to the characters used for the cursor.

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group as a head developer of the HP Prime, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
0 Kudos
hp50Gfan Honor Student
Honor Student
1 1 0 2
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Could it be that you pressed

[ALPHA]

[right shift]

[ALPHA]

which changes the cursor from insert mode to overwrite mode?

Pressing the key sequence again changes back to insert mode.

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation