Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15 cb039nf
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello there. I own a Pavilion 15 xb 039nf. I had to change my gpu fan 8 months ago, bought 3 instead of one just in case. 2 days ago it started making a constant rumbling noise again so I decided to change it using HP procedures as explained in your video. On booting the laptop, normal sound, air is going out, it works until the HP overlay appears. They then both (gpu and cpu) go full speed and I am presented with a blue screen. It states that it has to shutdown: « critical process died ». On reboot, fans go normal speed until I am advised there was a « thermal shutdown » with a « temperature 90D ». At this point the fans go full speed again (and working efficiently). Then HP overlay starts auto repair but, again, crashes after less than 10 seconds. Sometimes HP won’t try the auto repair and then back to « critical process died ». I have tried half a dozen times to reinstall the fans, changed them, even put back the old one. I have tried the « hard reboot » by pressing power for 15 seconds without the battery. I have tried swapping the ram and checked every connection. And here I am, stuck in this loop with no options left, at least to my knowledge. I would appreciate any help, thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I am very glad to say that the problem is solved. The only thing I did differently was to hold start button (without battery or power corde) for a full 3 minutes rather than the 15 seconds recommended. I hope this can at least help anyone with a similar problem.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I am very glad to say that the problem is solved. The only thing I did differently was to hold start button (without battery or power corde) for a full 3 minutes rather than the 15 seconds recommended. I hope this can at least help anyone with a similar problem.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.