Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi Penny and thanks for your post.

I tried the same actions, but found the automatic android updates reverted Chrome to the latest version and couldn't find a simple way to reset it for the Chrome app only. Were you able to resolve this ?

I'm very disappointed with the lack of support and response from HP on this issue, but noticed that on re-reading the thread I didn't try a personal message - if no support response from HP. I'll look into this and advise on any outcome.

Still amazed this is not being fixed or taken seriously.

HP Recommended
I tried a factory reset when u initially had the problem several months ago and it didn't resolve the problem with Google Chrome. I'll try it again. Thanks
HP Recommended
Time for the bin
HP Recommended

I just don't update Chrome even through it says update available. Again, not sure if this is a good way of using it or not.......

If you get an update from personal messaging hp, please advise on a better solution.

Thank you!

HP Recommended
Still doesn't seem that anyone cares about fixing this. I responded to a direct HP email, with all the details concerning this error, last month and have received no response.
The suggestion about reverting to factory version of Chrome and stopping Auto-updates works. Certainly not ideal, but gets an early version of Chrome working.
I'm giving up and sticking with this fix, until I can afford to replace my HP Slate.
Given the abandonment of customers, it's unlikely to be HP. Sad really.
HP Recommended

Seems that the latest Chrome update solves the problem. I have upgraded it and the problem disappeared.

HP Recommended

Agreed and confirmed - Chrome 59 v61 now seems to re-support HP Slate tablets.

I updated my Chrome and am typing this confirmation on my HP Slate tablet. Upgrade says it includes some bug fixes, so maybe they fixed the HP support. It did need over 80Mb of space to upgrade though, all apps are seemingly bloating to ridiculous sizes!

Hope people didn't throw away their HP Slates too quickly.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.