Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

With the Connectivity kit, of HP PRIME (emulator or, original calculator), programs can be downloaded, in ASCII format (Textbook) to and from, any site. For the Emulator or Calculator, in Program (Shift + Program), you can transfer, with send

See, image.

Connectivity.JPG

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Does the connectivity kit not support notes?

1. Creating a note in the Prime and then tapping "Send" does nothing.  Nothing shows up in the connectivity kit.
  2. Creating a note in the connectivity kit and using "Send to class (All)" does work, but I'm not in a class, and I'm not a teacher.  I understand why you might want this wording, but always using it just makes the connectivity kit look bad and unprofessional.  You really should make that wording a preferences setting, with the initial setting perhaps set by the installer.
  3. If you create a note in the connectivity kit, send it to the Prime, edit it in the Prime, and then send it back, you get a corrupt note in the connectivity kit -- the last one or two characters seem to get deleted.  I created a note consisting of the word, "test" (without the quotes), and each Prime-to-CK send seems to delete characters.  The note in the Prime is fine; however, sending from the CK to the Prime will transfer the corrupt note.

HP Recommended

Hi!, darrylo:

If you create one Note in the Emulator, you can send it, to connectivity kit. Now, if you needed copy in your HP PRIME, you must create in this calculator, the same name. Then connect HP PRIME with PC, Notebook, netbook and open this note, with click over name. Now, you see, with copy and past, transfer text, to HP RIME calculator.

You didn't use in your class, with inalambric. The interface, isn't available today and a future, only teachers can purchase.

HP Recommended

I think you misunderstand, sorry.

There is no problem transferring notes from the PC -> calculator.  I do not have/use the emulator, and the emulator is irrelvant here.

The problems occur from calculator ->PC:

1. If a note is created in the calculator, you cannot transfer it to the PC.  It does not matter if a note with the same name exists on the PC or not.  I have tested both cases: (1) the note does not exist on the PC, and (2) a note with the exact same name exists on the PC (in the connectivity kit).  With both cases, the note does not transfer from the calculator to the PC (calculator -> PC).
  2. (This is different from what I originally reported.) If I create a note on the PC (using the connectivity kit), I can transfer it to the calculator.  If I examine the note in the calculator, it is fine.  If I then edit the note in the calculator, and transfer it back to the PC, my changes are not transferred.  In fact, the note contains the original note contents, but with missing characters (some characters at the end are missing).
HP Recommended

OK, I think I've figured out the issue: I was trying all this from the "Contents" tab.  I was able to get everything to work using using the "Calculators" tab and the magic hidden "Refresh" right-click menu.  Sigh.

HP Recommended

Hi! darrylo:

See, the next images ...

Connectivity kit to HP PRIME.JPG

Now, higlithted bar and use Ctrl + C and in the file on PC, netbobbk or notebook, use Ctrl + V ... the drag and drop method, not run.

HELLO.JPG

HELLO_1.JPG

Note: For copy from Connectivity kit to HP PRIME, you must use ... HELLO_3.JPG

HP Recommended

I appreciate the help, but I guess I was not clear.

You are talking about transferring data between the connectivity kit/HP prime and other PC programs.  I am not trying to transfer data to/from other PC programs such as notepad.

I was having problems transferring data between the HP Prime calculator and the connectivity kit.  However, I've figured out my problem -- as I mentioned earler, I was using the Content tab instead of the Calculators tab.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.