cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Mackerel1
Level 1
10 7 0 3
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

Solved!

Copy of Palm Desktop 4.1.1 o 4.2 Installation Disk

HP Recommended
Zire 31
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Anybody have or know where I can get an installation disk for Palm desktop 4.1.4 or 4.2.

The only thing you can download now is 6.2 which has a lot of the functionality taken out, like you can't more the data store anymore which is pretty important to my backup software.

Thanks,

Mac

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WyreNut
Level 15
16,285 14,836 1,042 2,107
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My bad!

Try this link to my Public Dropbox account:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jr0mfkhtx90gxrm/700p_PDT42.exe?dl=0

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
7 REPLIES 7
WyreNut
Level 15
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Google is your friend!!

http://palm-desktop.en.softonic.com/palm

WyreNut

Mackerel1
Author
Level 1
10 7 0 3
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks, WyreNut,

That is 4.2, but it's for  4.2 for a Mac.  And I'm running Windows 7.

My current data bases are 4.2 and I lost the Palm 4.2 code in an attempt to go to Windows 10.  Know anybody who might have a CD of 4.1 or 4.2 for Windows.  I'd gladly even pay.

Thanks,
Mac

WyreNut
Level 15
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My bad!

Try this link to my Public Dropbox account:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jr0mfkhtx90gxrm/700p_PDT42.exe?dl=0

WyreNut

View solution in original post

Mackerel1
Author
Level 1
10 7 0 3
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

WyreNut,

You're the MAN.  Thanks so much for your stear.  At this point I have all my data showing up in the Palm Desktop.   But I am not able to connect my palm.  Any idea how to find or do that?

Mac in Berkeley

PS: Send me your address and I'll send you a bottle of wine I appreciate your help so much.

Mackerel1
Author
Level 1
10 7 0 3
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wyenut,

So I've messed arond with it some more, and I don't know exactly what I did but the HotSink acutally works now.  So the last question is how to get the alarm function to work.  That use to be a program I put in the Start Menu.

And this version of 4.2 is a little different from the one I had before in that it uses a lot of HTML code now.  Didn't work that way before, and was lots quicker.  But... at least at this point it works.

Thanks again.

Mac

WyreNut
Level 15
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Does this mean I don't get the bottle of wine?   😞      (j/k!)

Thanks for the offer!

If you have all your data back, you could always do the File/Export option for each PIM module, then install version 6.2.2 of Palm Desktop.  File/Import would populate it into the new version.  Up to you!

6.2.2 was made for Vista (and later) versions of Windows.  MicroSoft broke several functions of 4.x when they changed to Vista.  Isn't there an option to "Place this in the start menu?" when you set an alarm?  Check the Options area.

Honestly, I haven't experimented much with 4.2/Win 10.  It's all new ground, and I just don't use Palm Desktop any more...

WyreNut

Mackerel1
Author
Level 1
10 7 0 3
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

So the only alternative to my Palm would be an iPhone of some type.  I've spent my 10,000 hours talking to computers, and at this point in my life I don't think I want to carry even a small one around with me everywhere.  And I really like 4.2 and it runs on WIndows 7, so...  One of these days I'll have to go to 10, or maybe I'll die first and won't have to.

In any case, as far as I'm concerned you've "saved my bacon" as it were.  So I'd very much like to at least send you a nice bottle of wine in appreciation if that's appropriate.

Mac

PS: My email is [personal information removed]

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation