Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Elite X3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Data is not working:
Configuration is fine (I'm used to Windows 10 Mobile: I owned a Lumia 950XL before), maximum speed shows 4G in settings, but unfortunately actual speed never goes beyond LTE and data is absolutely no working, while it is 'on' in settings, and there is no network issue.
4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have this issue sometimes when I remove/reinsert my SIM card.  Please double-check that cellular data is enabled:

Settings > Network and wireless > Cellular and SIM > Data connection > ON

Also, I turn roaming on:

Settings > Network and wireless > Cellular and SIM > Data roaming options > ROAM

Who is your carrier and in what country are you using your x3?

I have also noticed that certain towers/locations have issues and moving to another location fixes the problem.  Have you noticed if the data issue occurs in a certain location only?

-Chris

I work for HP.
HP Recommended

Thanks Chris.

Unfortunately, your solutions did not work:

As I mentioned, I am very familiar with Windows 10 Mobile and already tried those settings without success.

The data issue is constant, regardless of the location:

Just got back from a long trip that included few countries in the Middle East, UK and France; problem remained the same.

Despite a setting that clearly shows maximum speed 4G, it never goes beyong LTE and even tho, it cannot send / receive data.

While in France, I tried with a local 4G SIM card, and the problem remained.

I'm clueless!

HP Recommended
I have the same problem, but my mobile data doesn't even try to work after i disconnect my wifi. I have to switch to 3g then 4g again. I
hope they Will fix this!
HP Recommended

My data stopped working yesterday, tried another 2 SIMs and had the same issue.

Settings seemed ok at first glance but the mobile had lost the internet APN setting (under SIM settings) so i had to add it back in. Normally those settings come from the carriers SIM, no idea why it lost it or is not picking it up from the SIM, but at least its working now.

wp_ss_20161215_0001.png

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.