cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
cherns
Level 1
5 3 1 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Solved!

Desktop calendar printing going wild

HP Recommended

My system has been stable for quite a while: Tungsten E2 with PalmOS Garnet 5.4.7, Desktop 6.2.2, Win7Pro, BlueTooth for HotSynching, Canon MX860 all-in-one printer.  Every month I print the calendar (sorry, I mean Date Book) for the current and the next month, in Month format.  (My printer prints these on two sides of the same piece of paper, but that doesn't affect the problem.)

This month, I'm trying to print February and March 2011.  Looking at the preview function of the printer, I can see a February calendar, a March calendar, and then literally thousands of additional February pages, as the little box that Desktop uses to show progress also flips through the thousands (I usually hit the "Cancel Printing" button around 5000+ pages, with no sign of stopping).

If I want to print February, fine; March, fine; January and February, fine; March and April, fine; do February and March in List format, fine.  February and March 2009, fine.  February and March 2010 or 2011 in Month format--zillions of pages (but I'm sure that this didn't happen last year!--but I might not have been running Desktop 6.2.2 then).  Landscape or Portrait, single- or double-sided, no difference.

Any ideas?  Can anyone else duplicate this problem?  Maybe some sort of faux Leap Day glitch?  Any suggestions or help much appreciated.

Post relates to: Tungsten T

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cherns
Author
Level 1
5 3 1 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I re-installed Desktop a couple of times--no improvement.  I had the bright idea that if I could have HotSync update Outlook, I could print from there instead of from Desktop.  Hah--"What, you have one of those new-fangled versions of Outlook, after 2003?  I know nothing about that!"

So on the last day of February 2011 I try again to print my two months from Desktop (what could it hurt?), and it works fine--just the two pages I wanted.

Decades ago, when I first started programming, people used to talk of POTM software, programs that acted strangely according to the Phase Of The Moon.  Or sometimes it was blamed on cosmic rays or bit rot.  All I know is that for most of February, Desktop Calendar printing was overflowing, and then it was ok.  Babbage knows....  (My personal theory is that there's some glitch in processing February Leap Day or the lack of it.)

Anyway, I've been able to put off pricing an Android phone or iPod Touch for a while, and stick with the old reliable E2.

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
5 REPLIES 5
dwalta
2 2 0 0
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same problem.  Trying to print monthly format for February 2011.  While in print setup mode, you can see that page numbers are being counted off rapidly.  I quickly cancel as it approaches 100+  pages - never got as far as allowing it to print.  The odd thing is that when I printed the monthly format for February 2011 back in January, it printed fine.

I have tried entering in the dates of the month of February manually within the monthly format parameters - still the same problem.  March 2011 monthly format still prints out okay for me right now.  The weekly calendar format (selecting the start and stop dates of the week) prints out fine, too.

Seems like this may have been a problem last year, but I don't remember.

cherns
Author
Level 1
5 3 1 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Actually, as I explore this, it gets more and more weird.  Now, when I try to print a single month, I get the multiple pages.  When I try to print February 2009, it's ok, but when I try to print February 2010, multiple pages.  When I try print January and February 2011, I get multiple pages--and I have in my pocket proof that I was successful in doing that last month.  Maybe I should just re-install Desktop?

Anyone else having this problem?  Not likely, but anyone from Access with any ideas?

cherns
Author
Level 1
5 3 1 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I re-installed Desktop a couple of times--no improvement.  I had the bright idea that if I could have HotSync update Outlook, I could print from there instead of from Desktop.  Hah--"What, you have one of those new-fangled versions of Outlook, after 2003?  I know nothing about that!"

So on the last day of February 2011 I try again to print my two months from Desktop (what could it hurt?), and it works fine--just the two pages I wanted.

Decades ago, when I first started programming, people used to talk of POTM software, programs that acted strangely according to the Phase Of The Moon.  Or sometimes it was blamed on cosmic rays or bit rot.  All I know is that for most of February, Desktop Calendar printing was overflowing, and then it was ok.  Babbage knows....  (My personal theory is that there's some glitch in processing February Leap Day or the lack of it.)

Anyway, I've been able to put off pricing an Android phone or iPod Touch for a while, and stick with the old reliable E2.

View solution in original post

dwalta
2 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It's happening again for the month of September 2011.  Wish I could figure out how to get a month view to print.  Some months are fine, others go wild.  September is not a leap month - that can't be it!

cherns
Author
Level 1
5 3 1 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

But September/October 2011 (two monthly pages) works ok for me.  Go figure.  Good luck.   Cheers, --Howard

Tags (2)
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation