cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Techmann
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Difficulty in formating my HP laptop, keep stocking at finalizing installation

HP Recommended
Example: Compaq nc6320
Microsoft Windows Vista

Greetings! Please for days now I have been having difficulties formating my HP laptop, the problem is that when formating it, it goes well until it get stock at finalizing installation and from there it doesn't continue anymore. I have even try removing the hard drive and format it using another PC and it did work but after inserting the hard drive again to my HP its still stock on the way when coming on, it stock at the level of showing the windows display and from there it can't continue. I have tried all I could to format it to no avail. Please can someone help me??

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
129,251 119,428 19,507 29,812
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

Go into the BIOS and make sure that SATA Native Mode is enabled.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation