Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp pavilion laptop 15-cd0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone, a few weeks ago I formatted the laptop treating it as if it was a desktop computer, but when it booted the display drivers (AMD Radeon (TM) R7 M340 and AMD Radeon R5 Graphics) had a "danger" symbol on them and now a bunch of screen settings are grayed out like brightnes, resolution, etc. I've installed and reinstalled drivers multiple times to no success and I really don't what else to try, so I'm hoping you guys can help me.

Thank you all

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@iZarathustra

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

MKazi is at your service. 

I understand that after you reinstalled Windows on your HP laptop, there is a danger symbol on the display drivers. I appreciate your efforts in troubleshooting this issue and have certainly done a good job.

To assist you with accurate information I would require more information regarding this: 

• Did you install Windows 10 that original came with the laptop by using the recovery media or the recovery partition from the laptop?
  • What was the initial reason you reinstalled Windows?
  • What is the exact laptop model number. This link will help in finding the model number: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00033108

While you respond to that. I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• You may download and run the AMD Auto Detect tool. The AMD Driver Autodetect tool is designed to detect the model of graphics card and version of operating system installed in your computer. Click here to download it.

The laptop needs to be restarted after the AMD auto detect tool finishes installing the display drivers. 

In case the issue persists, you may download and run the HP Support Assistant tool. This tool will search for the most compatible drivers and assist you to install them:

• Click here to download the HP Support Assistant.
  • Click My devices on the top of the HP Support Assistant window, and then click Updates in the window for your device.

Figure : Updates in the My PC box

The Updates window opens.

• If HP Support Assistant detects updates, a list of updates displays in the Updates available window.

Figure : Updates window

Updates window
  • To check for recent updates, click Check for updates and messages.

HP Support Assistant connects to the HP servers and performs the following actions:

• Downloads messages and updates

• Gathers configuration information

• Analyzes your computer system

• Prepares an action list

If HP Support Assistant finds updates, they display in the Updates available window.

Figure : Updates available window

Updates available window
    • To postpone or delete a current update, use the following steps.

1. Next to the message you want to postpone, click Remind me.

2. Select Tomorrow, One week, or One month, depending on when you want to be reminded.

• To delete an update, click  next to the update.

• To install the update now, click the Install now icon () next to the update.

• To review completed and postponed actions, scroll down to the Action log section.

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Keep me posted for further assistance.

Cheers! 

HP Recommended

Thanks for taking the time, but I actually talked to HP support and they're sending me a new windows so I hope that solves it

HP Recommended

@iZarathustra

You're most welcome. 

Glad to know that you are being sent the Windows operating system for the installation. I'm positive it should fix the issue.

However, please do not hesitate to keep me posted for any further assistance.

Take care! 

HP Recommended
Okay... so a week later I received the USB and started the installation but it failed because of the same error on the display drivers (code 43), that's the only thing failing and since I can't reinstall Windows I can't use the laptop anymore... any ideas?
HP Recommended

@iZarathustra

Thanks for keeping us posted

It looks like you were interacting with @MKazi, but he is out for the day. I'm KrazyToad & I'm at your service. 

Since the issue persists, I suggest you contact our Phone Support for Service Options

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.