Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
vr1000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Display of my VR1000 00nn mixed media headset doesn't work most of the time and if it does, it stops after a few minutes.

I updated the drvers for my NVIDIA geforce 1060 to the latest version, but that doesn't change anything.

I fear this might be a hardware problem, but I still hope there's a software solution for this problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I went back to the store today and got a new HMD. Plugged it in and it works like a charm, so there must have been a hardware problem in the first one. Played about with my new device for a few hours and was totally amazed. This is a fantastic device!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hey there! @josvp1, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand mixed reality headset doesn't work most of the time and stops after a few minutes.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

How is the VR connected to your PC?

As you mentioned mixed reality headset doesn't work most of the time and stops after a few minutes.

To ensure that the headset works properly, connect the headset directly to a USB or HDMI port on the computer, tablet, or other device being used.

Refer this article to know more information about VR not working issue.

Try performing a BIOS default on your PC and check if it helps.

1. Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
  2. Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
  3. On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
  4. Press F10 to Save and Exit.
  5. Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
  6. Follow the prompts to restart your computer.

Also, Uninstall the graphics driver from device manager and install the latest drivers and BIOS from the links below.

You can try updating the drivers on your PC using HP support assistant.

Refer this article to know more information about using HP support assistant.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot display issues with your PC.

If the issue still persists after trying out the steps try uninstalling the display drivers from device manager and install the drivers from HP recovery manager.

Refer this article to know how to restore drivers using HP recovery manager.

If the issue still persists after trying out the steps.

Please contact HP support for service options.

Link to contact HP.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Let me know how it goes!

I hope you have a great day! 🙂

Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say "Thanks" for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I went back to the store today and got a new HMD. Plugged it in and it works like a charm, so there must have been a hardware problem in the first one. Played about with my new device for a few hours and was totally amazed. This is a fantastic device!

HP Recommended

@josvp1m Thanks for your quick response and time.

I appriciate your efforts for writing back to us.

As you mentioned you got the VR replaced and the issue got fixed.

I am happy to hear that your issue got resolved.

If you have any queries in future related to any HP products, you can always reach out to us.

We will try our best to help you out.

Take care,

Have a great day!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.