Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Unfortunately, Google Play has stopped keeps coming up on my tablet .does anyone know how to get it off?  Thanks, I would appreciate your help .

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Lyn77 Welcome to HP Forums!

Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution: Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

Meanwhile, here's a few things you can try:

Solution 1 –

• Update Google Play Services to the latest version from play store, (if it opens for you or skip to the next step),
  • You may be getting an error because you have a very outdated version or the one you have is having a conflict/bug with the current Android version in your device.
  • (Your screen may not look the same as the below screenshot, depends on the version of Android you've got)

Solution 2 –

• Clear the Google Play Services cache. The Google Play Services app in your phone acts like a framework for all the Google and Google Play apps installed in your phone. You can try cleaning up its cache and see if that would fix the issue. This worked with one of our team members! Read these quick and easy steps :
  • Go to Settings > Apps.
  • Scroll to All apps and then scroll down to “Google Play Services” app.
  • Open the app details and tap on the “Force stop” button.
  • Then, tap on the “Clear cache” button.

Solution 3 –

• Clear the Google Services Framework cache. The Google Services Framework system app on your Android device stores information and helps your phone sync with Google servers — and keeps your Google Play Services up and running. This could be one of the reasons why you are not able to connect to Google servers using the app and keep getting the error message. Read these quick and easy steps :
  • Go to Settings > Apps.
  • Scroll to All apps and then scroll down to “Google Services Framework” app.
  • Open the app details and tap on the “Force stop” button.
  • Then, tap on the “Clear cache” button.

Solution 4 – Check your Internet connection. Maybe your WiFi network is blocking any of the IP addresses that Google use. You can also try switching the WiFi on or off on your phone — same with mobile data.

Solution 5 – This goes without saying, but maybe a simple reboot of your Android phone/tablet could fix the problem.

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.