Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Elite X2 1012 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

Windows build 1809 has been out for a while now, however on my HP Elite x2 1012 G1 (product number X3F11UC#ABD) there is still no such update available. Still running Win10 Pro x64 Build 1803.

Any change to get the latestet update before the upcoming 1903 is released? Or does HP skip 1809 for the new 1903?

cu,

Michael

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Only one of my PC's got the update directly from Windows Update.

I updated the rest of mine by clicking on the blue Update Now button at the link below.

The update worked just fine on every one of my PC's going that way.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

no doubt, my stationary PCs go the update as well, just the tablet is a bit awkward :Crying:

Of course I could download and install the update manually, however, I've just investigated a bit on Google and read somewhere that Microsoft held back the 1809 because of some troubles with HP devices. Don't know for sure if this is true for my Elite x2, too, but one never knows.

cu,

Michael

HP Recommended

Hi, Michael.

Microsoft pulled the update  for about a month for every PC made (not just HP), because users reported their personal files were deleted during the update.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-files/windows-10-october-2018-update-ve...

Microsoft presumably fixed the issue, and put the update back online in late November-early December.

Anyway, you can do what you want, but I doubt your tablet will ever receive the update via WU.

HP plays no part in what PC's get the update from Microsoft.

HP Recommended

Paul,

thanks for your reply!

I know about this issue, nevertheless it did not hit me so far because I never moved my user document folders to any other drive other than my system drive C:

So, I guess I will give it a try, just made backuup before and will now install/upgrade to 1809.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I think you will be fine.

This was the most problem free update for my PC's yet.

The prior updates wiped out the audio drivers on two of my PC's.

I did notice that there is a new file category in the disk cleanup utility, and that is 'Downloads.'

I didn't realize that, and had a ton of files in my downloads folder that were deleted when I ran the disk cleanup utility.

So, now I make sure the 'Downloads' box is unchecked when I run disk cleanup.

Fortunately I had the files in that folder backed up.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.