cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
7Q4CWJ
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Elite X2 Display Issues/Thunderbolt Dock

HP Recommended
Elite X2 1012 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Been struggling with this set up for some time.  I've updated every driver and followed every recommendation on the site, even had my HP rep change the docking station to ensure this sin't a hardware issue... but still can't get stable operation.  

Issues:

- When shutting down the PC, I remove the dock as suggested under best practices and shutdown, but when I reboot without a dock connected, I get screen distortion as shown in the photo.  I've tried changing scaling as suggested, but it doesn't help.  I've tried reboting several times, but the only thing that seems to work is attaching an external display... not easy to do when travelling.

- When using the dock, the system randomly disconnects and all dock functionality is lost.  I've tried removing the dock and reconnecting... but there is no function except for power to the PC. 

This an enterprise laptop under warranty... what are my options.  

CB

1 REPLY 1
Jay_Dee86
Level 1
Level 1
7 7 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello!

Based on the situation and the steps that you have taken so far, there are a few options. You can try to do a reimage of the unit to see if that resolves the issue or you can also call into the elite support line (800-625-1175) and have them run an Image Diagnostic for you to see exactly what the miscomminucation is between the unit and the docking station. I would highly suggest calling into the support line and having an image diagnostic done before reimaging so we can see exactly what is going on. 

Thanks for your time!

I am an HP Employee.
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation