cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jebber127 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Exchange Setup Not Connecting

I've tried to set up an exchange connection with my office. I get nothing but a 'bad username or password' response from the exchange server.

I've set this up on an iPad, and 25 or more times on various Android devices (I root and load ROMs like an addict) many times and never had an issue. So, I'm pretty familiar with the process. But, no joy on the Touchpad.

The one thing I'm used to seeing is an option to enable an SSL connection and accept any SSL certificates. I don't see that on the Touchpad. Not sure if that could be the issue, but, it's the one difference I notice.

Help welcome, snide comments also welcome.

Post relates to: HP TouchPad (WiFi)

0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
Provost
Provost
18,583 14,891 1,027 2,038
Message 2 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

lol @ "snide comments"!

WyreNut 

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
31 26 0 2
Message 3 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've used EAS to connect to both hotmail and office365 exchange services... No need for SSL switch as the server address, by choosing https, dictates SSL secure connection. E.g. Https://m.hotmail.com

In both setups, domain name field is null and full email address is used as user name.
0 Kudos
alicia454 Top Student
Top Student
5 4 0 0
Message 4 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

In my case I have set up Outlook (from Mac Office 2011 & Windows Office 2007) and iPad/iPhone mail clients as exactly as follows to connect to my work's exchange server:

-with SSL enabled.

Note that for obvious security reasons, I have substituted the real values with fake ones.

In any case, the real values work properly on all of my non-WebOS devices.

But when I use THE EXACT SAME REAL VALUES on my HP Touchpad 32GB (product # FB359UA#ABA) running WebOS 3.0.2, I always get this error:

Unable to sign in

Could not sign in to account.

Bad username or password.

Show Error Details

Error code 1000:http error:403

I am 100% sure that the values I specified above including the username, password, and domain are correct since they work on my Mac, Windows, & iOS devices.

Is there any workaround to get the TouchPad to connect my my work's Exchange server?  I have tried variations in the settings like a blank domain and username=myDomain\myUserID, but not of these worked.  :smileysad:

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!  Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
anudewalrus Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having the exact same problem as Alicia.

Touchpad is at 3.0.2 68

Our Exchange environment is all at Exchange 2010 SP1 Rollup 3.

Brandon

0 Kudos
earth_traveler Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

also having the same problem. Using office 365 exchange and have set it up with outlook, iPhones and iPods but no luck here. I'm hoping someone posts a solution. 

0 Kudos
memman Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same problem here with Exchange 2003.  No problem seting up on iphone, ipad, android, etc.

0 Kudos
alicia454 Top Student
Top Student
5 4 0 0
Message 8 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Just as a followup, I wish to report that I have confirmed with the IT department in my company that the Exchange server has EAS (Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync) enabled.

I have also confirmed that Android (via native mail and also TownDown app) and BlackBerry devices are also able to connect to my company's mail server via EAS, in addition to iOS (iPhone/iTouch/iPad) devices, and MacOSX (native mail and also Mac Outlook).

So everything under the sun *EXCEPT* my TouchPad can connect to my company's mail server, even though the HP documents claim that Microsoft EAS is supported.

This appears to be a serious bug in Exchange support, that is preventing me from using it for work e-mail.  Hopefully it can be fixed in the WebOS update, assuming that HP is still supporting it.

0 Kudos
aork Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 9 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I, too, have the same issue as Alicia and the 3.0.4 update hasn't fixed it.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Mattspierce Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 10 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I just installed 3.04. I had hoped that active sync would use certificate authentication. Pretty sure it doesn't. My client has the client authentication cert, the intermediate ca, and root ca are all installed. Manual setup doe eas the appropriate setting filled in. I've ensured that the server address begins with https://. Tapping signin results in Error code 1299: http connection error:52. Can someone at HP give a definite yes or no if client cert auth has or has not been implemented in the eas client?
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation