Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Split x2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently had my Split x2 serviced and repaired a few weeks ago and the keyboard part of my dock wasn't working and so I plugged in an usb keyboard and it was working fine. After 2 weeks I went to turn on my computer and I've received a message saying "Flash Dock EC yes or no?" I didn't know what this meant so I pressed yes on my tablet and then I tried using the keyboard that was connected to the usb slot and nothing would work, even my tablet wouldn't connect to the dock. The usb slots, the charger and the dock connector would not function at all.  Any help/suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Destrxctive,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are facing issues with your HP Split 13-g200 x2 PC wherein the USB slots, the charger, and the dock connector does not function.

This issue could occur because of a recent update.

If the keyboard dock works, try tapping F11 on start up to access the recovery manager. From here run a system restore to before you ran the update.

If the keyboard is not working, try turning on the tablet by holding the power and volume down buttons at the same time to access the recovery drive.

You may check the link: Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 10)

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

​​​​​​​

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

See: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Windows/Flach-Dock-EC-yes-or-no/td-p/4758683/page/2

which suggests that the battery inside the keyboard needs to be recharged.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.