cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
venkyzealous
2 1 0 1
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

Solved!

Ganges Colorado Bios Update Keeps failing

HP Recommended
Stream 8
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

I keep getting message on hp support application to install Ganges Colorado V1.0 update on my HP Stream 8. But when i select install it runs for about an hour and then fails. It fails during install stage after successful download. My windows update is up to date.  I have tried this several times over a week and still getting this issue. Please help.error

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Malygris1
Retired
Retired
7,771 6,796 454 836
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there @venkyzealous

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts and other support personnel. I understand that a BIOS update recommended by the HP Support Assistant is failing when you try to install it. I am happy to help.

Note that generally BIOS updates are not mandatory. It is not a bad idea to do it, but if everything is working fine it is not necessary. That being said,  I would suggest backing up your data to an external device before doing anything else.

Then try a refresh of your tablet as follows:

HP PCs - Refresh Your PC to Resolve Problems (Windows 😎

See if the BIOS update will now work for you. If not, then try a reset.

HP PCs - Resetting Your PC to Resolve Problems (Windows 😎

Let me know if that works for you, and if so, please mark this post as a solution.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
7 REPLIES 7
Malygris1
Retired
Retired
7,771 6,796 454 836
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there @venkyzealous

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts and other support personnel. I understand that a BIOS update recommended by the HP Support Assistant is failing when you try to install it. I am happy to help.

Note that generally BIOS updates are not mandatory. It is not a bad idea to do it, but if everything is working fine it is not necessary. That being said,  I would suggest backing up your data to an external device before doing anything else.

Then try a refresh of your tablet as follows:

HP PCs - Refresh Your PC to Resolve Problems (Windows 😎

See if the BIOS update will now work for you. If not, then try a reset.

HP PCs - Resetting Your PC to Resolve Problems (Windows 😎

Let me know if that works for you, and if so, please mark this post as a solution.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

venkyzealous
Author
2 1 0 1
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thanks @Malygris1 for explaining the details and possible solution.

The pc refresh is not something I want to try because I will have to reinstall many apps but I will ignore this update for now.

Thanks
venkyzealous

IlliniInTX
3 3 0 0
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have tried the refresh and it does not help with the bios update. Ive been experiencing a host of odd behavior since upgrading to Windows 10 on the stream 8: Very short battery life, wireless card has to be periodically disabled then enabled to see wireless networks, and notices from Win10 keep popping up as though I just finished the install (such as welcome notices that I see over and over again).

dgudewicz
Level 4
62 47 3 11
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

On the wi-fi issue I rolled back to the previous Realtek driver. Seems better behaved now.

The battery life has been an issue since Win10. Response from HP -- still waiting.

Photoray002
Level 15
Level 15
12,677 10,157 1,308 3,986
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

dgudewicz,

I was glad to see you posted your questions/findings on the Expert Day thread about the battery issue.

I am sending you a private message also.

IlliniInTX
3 3 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP support advised me to download and install the BIOS update manually rather than use the support assistant. That was successful.

Do you know ther version number of the previous Realtek network driver?

I currently have version 3008.11.515.2015

Thank you.

dgudewicz
Level 4
62 47 3 11
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@IlliniInTX wrote:

HP support advised me to download and install the BIOS update manually rather than use the support assistant. That was successful.

Do you know ther version number of the previous Realtek network driver?

I currently have version 3008.11.515.2015

Thank you.

Previous version:  3008.8.401.2015  Date is: 5/15/2015. So far, no problems. With the newer version it was behaving as you described.

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation