cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ichabod92
5 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Google sign in screen freezes after tablet reset

HP Recommended
HP 10 G2
Android 5.0 - 5.1.1 Lollipop

I had to perform a hard reset of my tablet.  After booting up, the Google sign in screen appears.  This is where I can login as a current user or create an account.  There are 2 Google accounts that I've tried to use.  Each time I use one and press NEXT, the tablet freezes up.  I've also tried creating an account.  When I enter the info and press NEXT, the tablet freezes up.  I've tried resetting the tablet both while it is running and off, with same result.

Any ideas as to what is going on?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Echo_Lake
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
22,204 22,163 990 1,023
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ichabod92

Welcome to HP Forums,  

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

I see that HP tablet freezes while singing into google account,
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Have you tried singing in using a mobile device?
  • Have you updated the HP tablet software? Android
  • What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).
  • Have you tried with different browsers?

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ichabod92
Author
5 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My Hp 10 G2 product number is : N3T44AA#ABA

It is an Android tablet.  After I reset the tablet, it searches for software updates, so I believe it's up to date.  Lollipop 5.0.1

After resetting the tablet, Google won't allow me to sign in with either of my accounts, or even by creating one -- it just freezes.  I must reboot the tablet every time.  If I skip the Google stuff, I can access the tablet, including using Chrome browser.

0 Kudos
Echo_Lake
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
22,204 22,163 990 1,023
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ichabod92

Thank you for posting back.

Let's try deleting the account:

Go to Settings > Accounts > Google, click the account you wanted to delete and try singing once again. 

Have you tried this account on another device?

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation