cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Caesar27
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP 10 2101 camera

HP Recommended

Thanks, but because of issues logging back on I wasn't able to report this sooner. It turns out it was a plug issue that caused the tablet to not start up. I plugged the charger into another outlet and it charged. It was drained for some unexpected reason, but charged the way it was suppose too, so it turns on and off without incident.

I do have another issue. I did open the device to see if there was a problem. While opening it, I accidentally disloged the rear facing camera. I was able to put it back in place, but I now get this screen here whenever I try to use it. I also resetting it to factory specs and still got this same screen.

43694623_1144249875738322_4181862407456423936_n.jpg

The front facing camera does work though, but it's kind of tough to take photos with it and it doesn't come out as well as the rear facing camera. Any solutions to this or do I have to get a replacement rear facing camera?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
DavidSMP
Retired
Retired
12,360 12,338 1,169 2,498
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Caesar27,

Welcome back to the HP community and a good day for you. I read your post and am really glad to assist you here. Great research and terrific assessment of the situation. Kudos to you for that.

•  Did you try the rear camera in multiple apps?

For now, try these steps:

Otherwise, check this service manual to replace the rear camera. It gives instructions on how to remove and replace it with the exact part number. Refer to pages 23-25 for instructions on how to do it.

• Also, check the part availability by doing a google search with the rear cam part number to order it online if it is not available with HP.
  • Visit this link: http://partsurfer.hp.com  and identify the part number. Then visit HP parts store to order the part if it is available from the same link.
  • If it is not available, then do a google search with the part number and order it online. Use the service manual to replace the webcam.
  • This should do the trick for you.

Hope things work well for you. Good luck and keep me posted about the developments. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue and give the post a Kudos for my efforts to help. Thank you and have a great week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

Caesar27
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry for the late reply, but I have tried a factory reset and it didn't work. I also tried another camera app and the same screen popped up. I opened up the tablet and saw the top white strip connected to the camera was loose, but the camera is still attacted. I'm not sure if the whole camera needs to be replaced or just that strip, but there is an electronics repair store not far from here, so maybe I can get that looked at. Also replacement cameras aren't available at the HP store, basically Ebay has a used one and that's about it. Thank you.

0 Kudos
DavidSMP
Retired
Retired
12,360 12,338 1,169 2,498
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Caesar27,

Thanks for the update. It is great to have you back and I hope things pan out well for you. You could explore your options. But think the camera may require a replacement.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation