Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hp 10 2101
Android 4.4 KitKat

I have an HP 10 2101 tablet.  Purchased 12/2014, performed well. Just started not charging, icon appears but does not go up and down.  Tried new cords etc.?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi there @JeanMona,

Welcome back to the HP Support Forums! I understand that you are having trouble with charging your tablet. I am happy to help with this.

Is the device plugged directly into a wall outlet or through a power strip?

Does the power connector seem to be loose or not?

You mentioned using a different cord, was it the correct type?

Here is something for you to review for a start: HP Tablets - Changing Power Settings and Modes (Android KitKat, Jelly Bean).

Then check out this one and see if anything helps: HP Tablets - Tablet Does Not Start (Android KitKat, Jelly Bean).

Please let me know whether that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.  

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Unfortunately,  my tablet will not charge, the charge indicator will show with the percentagle left on the battery and then the screen turns black.  No charging is happening at all.  I think I will have to send it in for a fix.  Its 1 year old, out of warranty with HP, but I have another repair warranty. 

Thank you again for your help some of those solutions are worth trying once its fixed, hopefully it can be.  Do batteries ever go bad?

Mona Fox

HP Recommended

Thank you for the update, and in answer to your question, of course yes, batteries can go bad. It could be for any number of reasons, sometimes it is handling, or charging behavior, it could be an environmental issue.  If the device is stored in very cold or hot conditions it would be an issue too.  So yes there is always the possibility the battery has gone bad.

Let me know if you need any more assistance.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

The USB type B micro jack is damaged from lots of use over the years.  Need to find out how to order a new one. Have the old one out already.

Thanks,

DynoDon

HP Recommended
I think I purchased tablet that same year. Has worked fine until two nights ago. It's been charging and all of a sudden it got down to 32% and it would not charge. I changed to several outlets and determined it's not the outlets. Now the tablet battery is completely gone--it shows a triangle with an orange halo around it. HELP!!
HP Recommended
I will try a new cord. Thank you.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.