cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jognjohn Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 10s+ screen contrast

Just purchased the HP 10s+ calculator for my licensing exam. Is there a way to adjust screen contrast? Not in the user manual, so may not be able to adjust, but wondered if anyone encountered this problem. In my case the text is not dark enough in outside light.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Top Student FromECD Top Student
Top Student
9 9 0 0
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 10s+ screen contrast

Hi, not too sure on the 10s but per this document on the 10b & 17bii hold down ON and tap [+] to darken the contrast. Hold down ON and tap [-] to lighten the contrast. Good luck.

Thanks,
HP Employee
0 Kudos
jognjohn Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 10s+ screen contrast

Thanks, but tried it and no good. Also tried the arrow keys while holding down the ON key, but didn't work either.  Also tried holding down the SHIFT key to see if that worked. Hmmm, what's next?

0 Kudos
Associate Professor
Associate Professor
976 953 119 184
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 10s+ screen contrast

Hello,

It seems contrast adjustment is not possible on the 10s+ (although I have found a menu for it - see below).

It seems to me that this model (and the 300s+) are completely 3rd party with an HP badge, so the HP way of screen adjustment (i.e. ON + and ON - ) won't work. This type usually has screen adjustment in a SET UP or MODE menu.

Press MODE four times and you will see DISP and 1 below it. Now press 2. The top row will show < LIGHT  DARK> and CASIO below it (proving, as I stated above, that it is not HP-ware). 

HOWEVER, pressing left or right arrow does not adjust the screen contrast (nor by pressing any other key). I guess that HP did not purchase this option for the 10s+ (hence it isn't described in the manual and option 2 is not shown with the DISP menu - it's an error that it comes up). (note contrast adjustment is available on the 300s+ through the SET UP menu).

Best regards.

-Bart
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 10s+ screen contrast

Whew, I interpreted the CASIO string as CAS10 or CA510 and thought it was an error code.

Yes, that makes sense, a Casio product. I bought this thing because it is cheap and I assumed that it had an unpublished feature called RPN. But unfortunately, there's nothing like that available on this mediocre thing.

And the user guide is also not worth being mentioned. I'm just sad :Crying:

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation