cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
dm1970
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 17B manual

Hello,

Does anyone know how I can get a PDF version of the manual for the HP 17B calculator?  (Not looking for the HP 17Bii which is a different calculator).

Thanks

Dave

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Level 15
Level 15
11,083 10,894 1,121 3,233
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 17B manual

Looks like not even the HP Museum of Calculators has converted one over to PDF yet. But then again, I guess the internet's :OpenSmile: just wasn't that popular back in the 80's.

It appears that if you have the 267 page book that came with it, you could be the first to scan it to PDF. :Surprise:

If you don't have the book, eBay has one here.

That's the best I could find. sorry.

0 Kudos
dm1970
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 17B manual

I was afraid that was going to be the case.  I do have the manual, so I may try to see if I can unbind it and scan it.

Thanks anyways.

0 Kudos
Level 15
Level 15
11,083 10,894 1,121 3,233
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 17B manual

You have a lot of work ahead of you my friend.

Perhaps you could contact HP calculator museum and submit it IF you do.

It would help others who may need this also.

Its just a thought.

Good luck.

0 Kudos
Pixl8ed
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 17B manual

The simple answer is don't bother getting a PDF version of the HP-17B owner's manual. I have my original manual here in pristine condition (no I am not parting with it). I too have tried to download a PDF version to no avail. I attempted to use Adobe Acrobat Pro to edit the HP-17Bii manual that is posted online to create a PDF version of the HP-17B manual, and learned that the PDF HP-17Bii manual is scanned and cannot be edited at text level. The HP-17Bii+ PDF online is too different than the HP-17B manual to edit. As I said, don't bother scanning an HP-17B owner's manual. The reason is that the scanned HP-17Bii manual is essentially the same as the HP-17B manual with the exception that the HP-17Bii manual has Appendix D, E, and F that are related to RPN, which is not available in the HP-17B. Just ignore those sections, the front cover, and the slightly different calculator image on the next page and you have an HP-17B manual.

The battery section of the HP-17Bii manual has a single graphic on page 215 (same page as in the HP-17B manual) that shows a battery top view, while the HP-17B manual shows a side view battery. The HP-17Bii manual deleted reference to mercury batteries. The rest is the same. And the HP company address is different. Note also that whoever scanned the HP-17Bii manual for HP made a scanning error and has contents pages 7-10 out of place at the front of the manual. If you have Adobe Acrobat Pro, you can extract those pages, move them to where they belong, and resave the file.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation