Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 350 G2 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just noticed Wireless Display on my Smart TV and need to Know if my HP 350 G2 notebook is WIDI enabled?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if you can connect...if not, then your notebook's wifi adapter is not widi capable.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/53814-connect-wireless-display-miracast-windows-10-a.html

I have the 350 G1 and it came with a Broadcom dual band wifi card and I could not use widi.

So, I got an Intel 7260 dual band wifi adapter and replaced the Broadcom card, and now my notebook is widi capable and I have screen mirrored to my smart TV's and Roku's.

You can only upgrade the wifi adapter if your notebook has two wifi antennas connected to the card you have in there now.

These would be the part numbers if you do...

If you have or plan to get an AC router...

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11 ac 2x2 WiFi + BT 4.0                HP Part #710661-001

If you only have a dual band wireless N router and don't plan on replacing it anytime soon...

Intel Dual Band Wireless-N 7260AN 802.11 a/b/g/n 2x2 WiFi + BT4.0   HP Part # 717381-001

Either card is readily available on Amazon or eBay.

Do your search by the HP part number, not the model of the wifi card.

HP Recommended

@dizbuster

From the following information: No

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c04531652

Regards

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.