cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Underdog2014
6 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 50g; STO Error, Bad argument, Type

Can someone please help me?

In page 2-13 of the user´s manual, lines 5 and 6 is displayed "STO Error, Bad argument, Type". This is the answer for the sequence of steps I gave in. But this answer is wrong. I conjecture a misprint.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS. A new thread has been started for this topic link- Forum Moderator

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
pin224466
Level 5
178 177 17 80
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

there are 4 manuals available for the 49/50 series

1. Advanced Users Reference

2. Users Guide

3. Users Manual

4. Quick Start Guide.

I can not find any reference to the problem that you are trying to describe on page 2-13 of any of the manuals.

You need to provide additional information about the specific problem you are describing.

However, in general, there are some errors that exist in the manuals.

0 Kudos
HP-MACH
Level 5
414 341 11 136
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi!, a54x:

Welcome, to Forum!.

It is true, what you indicated, by user pin224466, but as you are new to this forum, I also interpret your problem. This happens when you pretend, to repeat, an equation, on a loop and you have not, purge in the HOME (VAR) directory, the previous global variables stored.

See, this example of program ...

Bucle_0.JPG this program i'm call ... 'EQ' and stored, with STO

Now you have a program call 'EQ'. Now, if you press the Function key, just down to EQ, you must see what ...

PRB.3 = 3 

PRB.2 = 2

PRB.1 = 1

Now, if you press again the EQ, without purge the global variables PRB.3, PRB.2 PRB.1, the you have a STO error.

STO Error.JPG 

0 Kudos
Underdog2014
6 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sirs,

I´m not so good in English to descibe my problem exactly. Can I write in German speech?

Thanks for your appreciation and best regards!

a54x

0 Kudos
pin224466
Level 5
178 177 17 80
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

one of the forum guidelines is for questions to be written in english.

Try using google translate to change from German to English.   It is not a perfect translator but it can help.

http://translate.google.com/#auto/en/Es%20ist%20nicht%20eine%20perfekte%20%C3%9Cbersetzer%20aber%20e...

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation