cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Tremplo
Level 1
5 4 0 1
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

Solved!

HP 7Plus

HP Recommended

I just received my HP 7Plus Tablet (my first tablet).   I plugged it in, but no light indicator came on.  How long do I leave it plugged it for its initial charge of the battery before turning the tablet on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WyreNut
Level 15
16,333 14,639 1,045 2,051
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

From the User Guide for the Slate7 Plus (availabe by using the "Support" link at the top of the page here).

IMPORTANT:Before using the tablet for the first time, connect it to external power, and then charge the battery for at least 15 minutes.

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
7 REPLIES 7
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
96,767 65,480 12,537 21,605
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Unfortunately no charging indicator UNLESS you turn it on and in standby mode. Please hold the switch down say 10 more seconds, it will turn on. It's a bit slow, well very slow.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
Tremplo
Author
Level 1
5 4 0 1
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply.  I will try it now.  

Altho I am surprised there is no charging indicator light.  Every cell phone I have ever had, had one!

WyreNut
Level 15
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

From the User Guide for the Slate7 Plus (availabe by using the "Support" link at the top of the page here).

IMPORTANT:Before using the tablet for the first time, connect it to external power, and then charge the battery for at least 15 minutes.

WyreNut

View solution in original post

Tremplo
Author
Level 1
5 4 0 1
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks WyreNut.

Is the Slate the same as the 7Plus?

I do not see the link you are referring to.

WyreNut
Level 15
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Tremplo wrote:

Thanks WyreNut.

Is the Slate the same as the 7Plus?

I do not see the link you are referring to.

Doing a search for the "HP 7 Plus" provided no results.  There is a "Slate 7 Plus" tablet in existence, and I assumed that was the tablet you are asking about.  Searching the Home tablet section, I discovered the HP 7 Plus, and two other tablets listed I have never heard of!

At the top of each page here on the Forum, you will find a large blue bar with the words "For Home" "For Work" and "Support".  The last word is what I was referring you to.  If you click it, then " Support & Troubleshooting" and navigate to the proper name or model number of your device you can access a wealth of information.

The User Guide for your tablet can be found here and provides the same information on Page 1 of "The Basics".

WyreNut

Tremplo
Author
Level 1
5 4 0 1
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You are awesome!  I really appreciate your help, and link you inserted to click "here!"

Thank you!

WyreNut
Level 15
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Tremplo wrote:

You are awesome!  I really appreciate your help, and link you inserted to click "here!"

Thank you!

My pleasure!  Enjoy your HP tablet!  🙂

WyreNut

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation