Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
01-07-2018 03:06 AM - last edited on 01-07-2018 07:45 PM by Cheron-Z
I just spent hours also. Could not get mine to pair. When you get to the window and it asks you to enter a code none will pop up. You have to click the small yellow text below the box and then a number will pop up that you enter into the code box. No where does it tell you to click on that text before a code will be presented. Depending on the system you have very little time to enter that code also. Before it defaults back to the empty box and you have to click on the text again. Hope this helps . Really frustrating setup. My Keyboard is paired to an hp tablet.
01-08-2018 02:42 PM
Good Day. A warm welcome to the HP community. I reviewed the case regarding issues with pairing the Bluetooth keyboard. I will be delighted to assist you here.
Superb description, brilliant troubleshooting and terrific observations made before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂
To assist you with accurate information I would require more information regarding this:
- Does it give you any errors while pairing?
- Did you try pairing it with another Windows-based computer?
For now, try these steps:
- Please try the steps from this thread: http://hp.care/2AG9V46 if it has not been done.
- It is a Forum thread and the last user has been able to do it.
- Now check for issue resolution.
- If it does not work, try creating a new local user account as an administrator from here http://hp.care/2wXjDxW and restart the computer.
- Log in to the new account and try to pair the keyboard.
If it still does not work, then it might require an interaction with HP phone support who will be able to take control of the computer in real time and assist you accurately.
HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://hp.care/2r9wSvP
- Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.
- Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.
- Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.
- Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.
They will be happy to assist you immediately.
If the unit is under warranty, the manufacturer’s warranty should take care of it for you.
Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient. Going by your technical expertise and competence I am sure you will be able to perform these steps without breaking a sweat. 🙂
Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂 Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you.
To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.
If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.
Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.
I am an HP Employee
01-08-2018 07:43 PM
David (engineer from HP). You provided a form letter about steps one can take to pair the keyboard in question You did not answer or address the problem of the code that has to be entered in the code box not being automatically presented to the operator. No one needs to go through reams of diagnostic directions when they simply have to know no code will be presented with your pairing process unless the person pairing clicks the text below the box where a code will be presented.
01-08-2018 09:06 PM
I read the quick response. Thanks for responding. Your time and patience are greatly appreciated. 🙂
The whole idea was to check the computer's operating system having an issue as it works with your HP tablet.
- This means the keyboard is perfect. The operating system here is the culprit.
- That is the reason I asked you to check if it pairs correctly with another Windows-based computer.
- Also, that is the reason I asked you to create a new user profile and check.
If it still does not work, then there is more to it than meets the eye and this cannot be fixed on the HP support forums.
Hence I referred you to Hp phone support. Please contact HP phone support by following the steps from my previous post to get assistance in real time.
Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.
Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂
I am an HP Employee
01-10-2018 04:59 AM
David you might be an HP engineer but one of three things is true. You have not read the original poster's questiion. 2. you don't know the answer yourself or 3. You are just spewing out form information culled from HP's achives. I am going to make it simple for you.
When pairing a bluetooth keyboard (in my case an HP keyboard) with an HP tablet When the operator is presented with the empty code box no code appears. Text appears below the box but it appears to be informational and not something you click on. I suspect you don't know what we are talking about David. I suggest you grab one of your HP tablets and one of your bluetooth keyboards and pair one yourself. By posting that silly canned diagonostic information that has nothing to do with the original posters question you are making them go through activity that has nothing to do with solving their problem.
So I will say it again. If you are having problems finding a code click on the text beneath the box and a code will appear.
I hope I have saved people a lot of time and effort.