Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 13-ad037TU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

Recently my laptop has started to make intermittent crackling noises coming from around my left speaker. I have tried updating my audio drivers, and reinstalling my audio drivers but nothing has worked for me. This hasn't been happening until recently so im unsure what is wrong with it. I've become quite irritated with it and would like to know has anyone experienced a similar problem from the same model as me? Does anyone have a solution for me or will i have to get it repaired professionally? 

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Gina990106

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Try these steps to test the device - 

1) Shutdown the computer. 
2) Turn the computer back on again and repeatedly tap on the ESC until a Startup menu appears. 
3) Press F2 once. 
4) Go to Component test. 
5) From the list, run the Audio test. 

If the test passes, try restoring the computer - 

1) Save any open files and close all open programs.
2) In Windows, search for restore, and then open Create a restore point from the results list.
3) On the System Protection tab, click System Restore.
4) Click Next.
5) Click the Restore Point that you want to use, then click Next.
6) Click Finish to restore your computer to a previous point.
7) Do not interrupt System Restore when it starts. This can corrupt your hard drive and create more problems. 😎 Click Yes in the warning that appears.
9) System Restore returns the computer configuration to a previous point in time and restarts.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

Sorry for the late update but i did try doing an audio test and the following you suggested bad my laptop is still making a crackling noise. Do you have any other suggestions? 

Thank you !

HP Recommended

@Gina990106

This look like a hardware issue, please Contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer. 

Have a great day!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.