cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
MickMac
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Elite X2 1012G1 and HP ELITE THUNDERBOLT 3 65W DOCK P5Q54AA Wireless Problem

HP Recommended
HP Elite X2 1012G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello - I have a HP Elite X2 1012G1 that I love except I cannot use wireless networking when connected to 2 Separate Compatible HP docking stations.  HP ELITE THUNDERBOLT 3 65W DOCK P5Q54AA & HP ELITE USB-C Docking Station X7W54U
Here's what's happening: Everything works fine with these docking stations except, they will not allow use of wireless.  The docking stations will simply not work if the wireless adapter is turned on. If I boot the X2 Elite with the wireless turned on, no ports on the docking station work - the docking station simply acts dead.  If I turn off the wireless and connect the docking station, everything works fine.  All ports work as expected, power is supplied to the tablet - dual monitors,  USB Devices, ethernet - all working fine.  However, if I turn on the wireless capability, the instant I connect to a wireless network, a strange buzzing/beep noise happens from the X2 and then the docking station and everything connected completely stops working. Typically a restart is required with the wireless turned off to get the docking station working again. 

Note:  I have downloaded and installed all available drivers and bios updates via HP Support Assistant - There are no unknown devices in the device manager.  I have uninstalled and tried alternative Wireless drivers - No change.  I have also gone out directly to Intel to download the most recent thunderbolt drivers and also downloaded and installed the current displayport software.  I have found zero documentation regarding this issue.  I don't know if I'm dealing with a driver issue on the Elite X2 or if these docking stations are defective.  I have been Pro-HP for a very long time - I've never encountered a hardware problem this difficult to remedy. I have spent a week trying to figure this out.  I need to be able to use the wireless in conjunction with the docking station due to my home office not being located near a ethernet port.  I feel very strongly that this is a driver conflict - Please let me know if you have any ideas.  If you need more detailed specs with regards to installed drivers, I can post a detailed list.  Thank you so much for your time!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
MickMac
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Update:  The root of this problem is the Intel Wireless-N 7260.  I disabled this adapter within the device manager, then plugged in 2 different older USB Network adapters into the Docking station and am able having zero issues.  I have tried using several different versions of the driver for the Intel Wireless-N 7260, but all drivers produce the same result disconnect from the docking station as soon as I connect to a wireless network.  There are a ton of options available on this network adapter when you dive into the network adapter properties.  I have tried disabling and enabling features with no success. I am going to try deleting all remnants of the drivers associated with this device, then try installing the driver that HP recommended again:  https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-elite-x2-1012-g1/8741943/swItemId/ob-2... (I'll report back)

Note:  If anyone reading this has an X2 Elite G1 that is utilizing one of these docking stations ( HP ELITE THUNDERBOLT 3 65W DOCK P5Q54AA & HP ELITE USB-C Docking Station X7W54U) without this wireless issue, can you please tell me which driver you're using for the built in wireless and let me know if you have had to make any changes to the advanced features?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation