Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Elite X3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My battery recently crashed when supposedly 50% charged.  I recharged it and it initially only went to 50% charge state when it indicated it was ready - green light rather than red.   I used it and it subsequently 'functioned' for little more than a couple of hours before crashing again.  On recharging it a second time the battery symbol went to 100% but on using the phone it still crashes very quickly once microsoft edge is opended up.  This app is the major draw on the battery charge.

Prior to this incident the phone functioned satisfactorily but it is normally sat in a docking station.  I have only had the phone for approximately 9 months ad have been happy with it although it did have an annoying habit of closing down and would not re-boot until it was plugged back into a power source.

I am tempted to fit a new battery which are readily avalable in an improved form but I not that HP state that one cannot refit a new battery to the existing chassis but need to purchase a new chassis and battery!  This is b****y brilliant as they have now totally abndoned the Elite X3 and no longer supply any spares. 

I am curious to know why it is not possible to remove and replace the old battery including the pressure pad on which the batttery it fitted.  Does anyone have any idea what logistical problems such an operation would entail and why HP are insistent that such an operation should not be undertaken? 

It seems to me HP are actually in breach of quite a few international consumer laws in simply pulling the plug on the Elite X3 in the manner they have done.  Particularly where they appear to have incorporated such a potentially fatal flaw in the design of the highly vulnerable power supply system.  In effect they have simply stuck two fingers up at all the current owners.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hopefully found a supplier of geniune battery:

http://www.anvone.com/hp-fc01-rechargeable-battery-838524005-8382662c1-for-hp-elite-x3-phone-p-7.htm...

Good price $50 and ships to many countries including GB and EU for only $10.

Keeping fingers crossed it arrives and soon as current batttery has dropped off end of cliff wrt performance!!!!! No bulge either.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.