Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Elite X3
Other

Connecting to charge does nothing.
I have more than one charger.

Tried the windows recovery tool, but the device is not detected.

Anybody have any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi, 

Im sure You've tried Holding the power button down until it reboots, or maybe holding  a combination of buttons.

unfortunately you cant pull the battery and you cant do a  soft reset if the buttons arent responding .

if its a plug/battery/ charger issue you could try a wireless charger to see if that woks.

i had the same issue with my X3 and had it replaced at a microsoft store, but i dont think thats an option anymore.

the recovery tool didnt work for me either.

HP Recommended

In teh end, teh problem "came right" by itself.

I put the phone away for a few days and then pulled it out.

Pressed teh power button and it vibrated (it did nothing before). So, plugged it in and it started to charge.

Then, after charging it booted.

I can only assum it was some sort of software glitch that hung it.

Then, after the battery compeltely drained it could start.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.