cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
BCoughlan
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Elite X3 phone - screen wont work, all black

HP Recommended
HP X3 Elite

I wioke up this morning and the screen on my Elite X3 is not working.  When i do a soft reset (power button and + volume key) it vibrates indicating a reboot, but the screen shows nothing, just black.  Help, please!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Chihuahuan
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My wife's Elite X3 went black, while she was using it. Resetting (we got vibration, when holding down the Power + Vol Dn keys, but no reset) and MS's recovery software did nothing. We left it plugged in for a couple days, then finally unplugged it to plug in her new phone.

It's been about a week and, just for the heck of it, today I tried turning it on. Got the low/dead battery symbol, plugged it n and now it seems to be working fine again. Heard a similar story on an HP forum (perhaps this one) from another individual. Their phone started working after a few days, too.

I would guess that the phone somehow gets in a loop and won't respond, until you leave it alone and let the battery run down completely. Annoys me that cell phone manufacturers don't see the need for removable batteries these days. Since my wife is on a new phone, I may consider taking over the Elite X3. On the other hand, my Lumia 950 does have a removable battery and......

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation