Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Elite x3 Mobile Phone

Hey Guys. 

Am I the only user out there with this problem. 
I have reset my phone like 16 times over the last 6 months. I have tried everything to make my x3 phone work perfectly. 
My phone will crash almost 20 times a day. It has been so day some days it locks me out because the device has rebooted to many times. I am over this phone.... I love windows and HP but this phone has been the saddest purchase of my life. 

I don't want to go to android or apple.. because my life is windows, everything I have is windows based. 
I want to be able to use my phone again. it has the latest updates installed, including the update that was meant to fix the phone.... yeah it did nothing for my phone. 

HP can you please help me out. 
Anyone know why this is happening? is the device itself I brought a issue? 
Am I the only user with this issue? 

Please help. 

- Josh

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended
Ho Josh,

My elite x3 runs like a charm! No crashes at all! I reboot my device once week only because it feels better...

So I would say your phone has a hardware issues

Henning
HP Recommended

I tried the Galaxy S8 for like a month.  It was horrible.  Traded it in for the HP Elite X3.  If you go, probably go iPhone.  But I have had a few issues with my HP needing a reboot, but like once or twice a week sounds more like it.  

HP Recommended

I am not sure what your definition of "crashing" is, but, I, too, am experiencing problems with my Elite X3. In my case, the touch screen becomes non-responsive sporadically. I cannot find any comments on this. I have to reboot the phone several times a day, often, I will have successive reboots before it begins to function. I had previously had the phone paired with Ford Sync in my car, but the connection disappeared. I thought that if I did a reset all my problems would be solved, and, in fact, I am able to pair the phone and the car, but my touch screen is still having problems. I put the phone in the dock and using Continuum I can manuver around, however, the phone will not pair with my bluetooth Logitech mouse, now, and it did before.

I would welcome any comments or suggestions, as I love this phone, but not when it is this erratic.

HP Recommended
Same here. My phone would reboot on it's own overnight. Now it freezes alot everyday. Also miracast want keep a connection when watching movies on my TV (SUCKS).... THIS happened awhile back also (thought it was fixed)... Now getting the Sd card issue AGAIN. Which freeze phone (have to do phone reset). Several times a day!!! FIX THE FREAKING PHONE!!!!
HP Recommended

Hello DMatthews,

I work for HP Support.  Give us a call directly with this issue.  866-625-1175 and ask for the Elite x3 Team member.

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem. My elite x3 phone is freezing up continuously

called customer support.  They had no advice

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.