cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jaykay001
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post

HP Elite x3 Passive Stylus?

HP Recommended
HP Elite x3
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

We are potentaily looking to buy these for our busniess but handwriting functionality for note and doing drawings is very high up on the list.

I have read that there should be a HP Elite x3 Passive Stylus available that will enable this but can not find it in the UK store. Is this going to be available any time soon?

Do other Styluses work with the phone and what is the experience like? Is it just like using your finger or is it good enough to replace a pen and paper for note taking and making sketches and diagrams, etc?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
90,582 90,459 11,636 24,932
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I can't see it on the following table:

http://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c05166879

Please check again.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
jaykay001
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended
0 Kudos
ChrisT
Level 6
Level 6
559 537 28 100
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

There isn't an "official" passive stylus available with the x3.  However, any passive stylus should work with the x3.  I am using a passive stylus without issues.  I don't think you should have any issues drawing or taking notes.  However, the screen is only 6" so you don't have a lot of room for complicated drawings.

-Chris

I work for HP.
0 Kudos
jaykay001
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply.

Very strange about the stylus as I've seen quite a few anouncments about it and even found one here
https://www.shop.bt.com/products/hp-elite-x3-passive-stylus-v8z60aa-C951.html

I'm guessing as it is passive it will only be as good as any other passive stylus?

I've read that there was a Windows Ink implementation as part of the Windows 10 Anniversary Update. Is that available / relevent to the HP Elite x3?
http://www.windowscentral.com/here-are-three-biggest-features-windows-ink-windows-10-anniversary-upd...

0 Kudos
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
90,582 90,459 11,636 24,932
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@jaykay001 wrote:
... I'm guessing as it is passive it will only be as good as any other passive stylus? ....

Hi,

Yes, only a bit better your finger. Probably we have to wait.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
costilla40
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Chris T. Can you send me the website where I can buy the hp Elite x3 passive stylus. I've been trying to look for it but no luck. But if you can help me with the website that will be great. Thank you have a nice day.
0 Kudos
vkhambhaita
2 1 0 0
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello there

Does the stylus work with One Note.

0 Kudos
sitting_duck
Level 2
19 17 1 8
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i have a couple of windows 10 mobile devices and one note doesn't work for drawing on any of them.  It does work pretty well on my note 8 unfortunately...

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation