Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP elite X3
Other

Dear HP, 

I understand that the QR scanner for Whatsapp and Wechat is not working properly on the HP Elite X3 phone. I see in this forum that other people is trying to download external software to help solving this but without luck. Its essential for me to use Whatsapp web, any chance you can help a.s.a.p??

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

had no luck with current camera driver although other QR scanning apps do their job, correctly.

meatime we are waiting for a new firmware update please try the beta whatsapp application (that seems to be open to everybody now):

beta whatsapp microsoft store

HP Recommended

Thank you for swift reply. I just downloaded the Betaversion and deleted the old whatsapp. Nothing changed, it`s still not working, the scanner does not work for Whatsapp web. It`s a big problem since most of communication is going through whatsapp now..

HP Recommended

I have the same problem as I use the web whatsapp platform for business. that's why my Elite is laying in its box and I'm using my iphone. too bad.

HP Recommended

The Beta version of whatsapp is the Italian version and not available in our country.  yet others report that they still have the same issue. the problem is defiantly with the camera and its numerous attempts to refocus to scan.

I have attempted to scan several QR’s and all seem to fail. Would really like to see this fixed sooner rather than later.

note I have tried:

- magnifying the image to reduce the refocus attempts

- used 3 different monitors to see if the resolution could improve the scan

- used the whatsapp pc install and the web based version on ie, firefox and chrome

Yet, my android Huawei picks it up 1st time no issues.

Would love to see a “turn of focus” option or similar

HP Recommended

Microsoft just released a new camera app for those on fast ring. it should be worth a try on web whatsapp page..

"..
Microsoft today released a major update to its camera app for Windows 10 devices in the Fast Ring. This new update v1016.11 comes with updated UI, new Time lapse feature and more.

.."

HP Recommended

I am facing the same issue. Tried both official and beta versions, different screens etc - no luck. That becomes annoying - viber worked, but Qpark rewards keep crashing too.

HP Recommended

Dear HP - this issue lasts for nearly 2 months. Why don't you team up with WhatsApp and work on the solution - this cannot take that long to fix it. If you launched a product that you never meant to support - why have you even started?

HP Recommended

I decided to spread my voice out loud at this point.

I gave HP full trust in purchasing at full price, like other did here, this X3 phone that was announced as a flagship for WM business users.

unfortunately HP didn't attend to our expectations.

as an early owner of this HP Elite X3 and owner of an Lumia 950XL at same time I'm able to do fast comparison between the devices:

1. web whatsapp issue QR Code reading: as other said it is completely unacceptable that HP didn't fix this issue as many business users make large use of the web whatsapp platform for their business (HP.. believe it or not!);

2. Snapdragon 820 optimization is nowhere: my Lumia 950XL SnapDragon 810 has, at least, twice the speed in every common tasks compared to the Elite X3

3. several camera issues

4. fingerprint sensor issues.

this message will spread over most WM/Smartphones Forums:

- MSPoweruser.com

- WindowsCentral.com

- XDA-developer (as I'm a XDA developer)

- WindowsBlogItalia.com

and many other.

HP Recommended

Latest firmware update still did not fix the issue. Day by day this is increasingly annoying.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.