cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP ElitePad 1000 G2 Mobile POS

HP Recommended
ElitePad 1000 G2 Mobile POS
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

So by complete accident I was looking through the BIOS/UEFI settins and hit the secure wipe not knowing what it does and now I have a POS brick. I have searched all over the internet trying to figure out how to fix this. I have tried all the fixes for the hdd(3f0) error and the bios (501) error and come up with nothing. I need help! Please

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
11,939 11,740 1,233 3,636
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Ripley,

If I understand you correctly, you were looking through the bios and hit the Secure Erase feature.

This completely wipes the entire drive.

Those Elitepad 1000's (as far as I know without having your product number) use emmc type drives that are hard wired to the motherboard.

A few people have reported that running the Secure Erase function bricked those drives.

Yours may are may not be one of them.

You would do best to contact HP Support directly and obtain the recovery media for that model tablet.

IF the hardware is functioning, then you will be able to reinstall Windows without issues.

Can you also get back in to the bios to reset it to default?

Contact HP using the link for your country.

Contact HP Worldwide | HP® Official Site

or

Contact HP -USA Phone Assist | HP® Official Site

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation