Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

If you find that the thermal drivers are flagged in Device Manager, right click and select "Update Driver," then click the "Browse computer..." and then "Let me select..." buttons/links to bring up the list of currently available drivers. Then choose the OLDER version (most likely 6.9200.xxxx or similar) and NOT the newer (7.1.0.xxxx) one before clicking Next.

Do this for all of the flagged drivers in Device Manager and you should be good to go.

RCK

HP Recommended

Thank you!!!

I was always installing the latest one thinking that latest was best.

Betty

HP Recommended
Yeah, it's a bit counter-Intuitive. Seems Microsoft is providing a newer version with Windows 10 that sounds the same but is in fact incompatible with the z2760 chipset (most likely designed for Core series-based PCs).

RCK
HP Recommended

@rkennedy01 wrote:

If you find that the thermal drivers are flagged in Device Manager, right click and select "Update Driver," then click the "Browse computer..." and then "Let me select..." buttons/links to bring up the list of currently available drivers. Then choose the OLDER version (most likely 6.9200.xxxx or similar) and NOT the newer (7.1.0.xxxx) one before clicking Next.

Do this for all of the flagged drivers in Device Manager and you should be good to go.

RCK

Will give it a try tonight and let you know, thanks

HP Recommended

Me again...

Meanwhile i took the risk and did the upgrade from a clean Windows 8.1 via USB-stick. It worked quite well. Now i worked several hours with the pad and several errors came up. Rotation initially worked pretty well, now it does not work at all, neither by using the external switch nor the button in the info center. I checked the registry already, Autorotate is enabled there...

Additionally the device "feels" slower than before the upgrade. For example, when i switch on the device and log in, it takes minutes to get all services started. When i start the browser quick enough, even touch does not seem to work. I have to to wait a couple of minutes before i can use Edge.

The mobil connection is not reliable either...sometimes it works, sometimes not.

I will go on reporting additional bugs if they occur and if my time permits.

Anyway,i can live with this strange behaviour for some weeks and hopefully HP will have created updated drivers then.....

Regards,

BOFH

HP Recommended

@Ernst1 wrote:

@rkennedy01 wrote:

RCK

Will give it a try tonight and let you know, thanks

Hi RCK, good morning. You made my day, this was successful. Thanks a lot.

Ernst

HP Recommended

Thanks all for the replies! hope to see more ElitePad 900 G1 user feed back:smileyvery-happy:

HP Recommended

I was having problems running the upgade as a "Windows Upgrade" and finally took the download the Win 10 OS and run as an upgrade path and that worked.

The actually install on Windows 10 was ok - though slooooow

For the thermal driver issue, I simply used the drivers from the HP website for 8.1.

My observations:

The biggest issue seems to be with video.  I have text disappear and reappear.  For example, I was putting something into notepad yesterday, went to another windows, and back to notepad and all my text disappeared (it was there, but not displaying).  Nothing I was doing would make it reappear until I rotated the tablet, and it all reappeared.  I am seeing similar disappearing text issues on other apps and programs as well.  I am thinking a problem with memory management or graphics drivers.

Basically, I'll work more with it tonoght, but if I cannot resolve the issues, I'll probably be dropping the tablet back to 8.1 since we are still in the 30-day "downgrade" window.

HP Recommended

I too have faound a bug of sorts. my bluetooth has got lost somewhere, and I cannot seem to find it. any one with a sugestion please. otherwise no oter problems and I have now gotten 3 out of 4 of my machines up to windows 10 just one moer to go then we are done.

HP Recommended
Ok, looking around, and there are graphics driver issues with the Z2860. We can hope for an update, go back to 8, or learn to live with the issues.

For the Bluetooth issue, someone touched on that, and said removing it from device manager and rebooting (and having right driver found) fixed his issue.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.