cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
BlackMM1
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP Elitepad 1000 G2 - Dock not Detecting Speaker/Projector in Classrooms

HP Recommended
HP Elitepad 1000 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi All,

I'm seeking help for a problem that has affected one of my schools for over a year now. The school was built brand new, and the DEECD decided it would be a great idea to purchase the teachers tablets over the Laptops they normally get. Let's just say it's been far from a pleasant experience. One of the major problems that seems to happen is every so often (it happens on a regular basis) when the teachers turn on their LCD projector which is connected to the tablet through HDMI (Dock) they either get no video, or no sound from the ceiling speaker (connected to projector.) Nothing in windows will cause the projector/sound to get picked up, detecting new devices, nothing. However, disconnecting the dock from the back power plug for a few seconds and plugging it back in causes the video/sound to come back. Turning the projector on and off after doing this will still allow the video and audio to work, but give it a day or two and it will be back to not working.

I've been telling users this trick but they always come back saying its not working, or give up trying to use it.

Is this a known problem with the tablet docks about picking up the video/audio source from another device? It's not like it's one tablet or dock, this is happening in every room.

Thanks in advance!

Matt

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation