Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I used my Elitepad 900 G1 for about 4 days and now when I Boot he gives me a black screen with following error :

Boot device not found

Please install an operating system on your Hard disk

Hard Disk (3F0)

When I touch "F2 System Diagnostics" nothing appens.

If I boot with volume button down and power on, I come in the Startup Menu. When I chose F2 System Diagnostics,I receive the following message :

BIOS Application selected is corrupt or missing, Please install the application and try again.

Bios Applicaition Error (501) 

What can I do ?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi there Didier,

Please try as many of the steps as you can from this document: Resolve Boot Device not Found Error Message

Even though it's for notebooks, it should still apply - especially the section about hardware diagnostics (UEFI) : Testing for Hardware Failures

If that does not help, I would recommending calling phone support and asking for further assistance options: http://welcome.hp.com/country/w1/en/support.html

*** If my reply was helpful, please click on the "Kudos Thumbs-Up" on the right, as a way to say "Thanks!".

If this reply also fixed your issue - please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so that others can find the same answer. ***
HP Recommended

Hi Wally ,

Thanks for your reply , but nothing did help.

I've contacted HP Support line , and they didn't find a solution neither. UPS came to pick-up the tablet for repair @ HP.

They think MB is defective.

HP Recommended

After a long search i dicsover the solution to this problem.. Bios error code 501

just download PDF file in which i guided step by step how to solve this problem 🙂

[Content Removed]

Best of Luck

Regards:   Shamoon

HP Recommended

nopes it didn't worked same error in the end that bios configuration cannot be modified.

HP Recommended

Solution for my HP ElitePad 900:

1. Use the Microsoft "Media Creation Tool" to make a bootable USB flash drive with Windows 10 on it.

2. Install Windows 10 using the bootable USB flash drive.

My problem was:

My HP ElitePad 900 also showed the "3F0" and "501" error codes at the BIOS screen.

It didn't boot most bootable USB flash drives, but it did boot the one created with the Microsoft "Media Creation Tool".

For your information, my HP ElitePad 900 had (and still has) "Secure Boot" disabled while solving the problem.

I hope this helps someone that finds this post while searching the web for a solution.

HP Recommended

Don't click or download this file link please.  It will infect your computer with virus

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.