Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

My tab was working fine. After a restart touchscreen just stopped working. Hasn't been working since. Need help pls.

Its a HP Omni tab 10.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hey there! @Decatalyste, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand after restarting your tablet the touchscreen has stopped functioning.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any hardware or software changes on your PC?

Please provide the product number of your PC to assist you better.

As you mentioned after restarting your tablet the touchscreen has stopped functioning.

1. As you power on the Omni 10, press the hardware Volume Down button to get into the BIOS menu

2. Select BIOS Setup (if the touchscreen is not responding, you'll need to plug in a USB mouse via a micro USB male to USB female adapter)

3. Select Exit on the LEFT side of the screen

4. Select Load Setup Defaults on the RIGHT side of the screen & select Yes

5. Select Exit Saving Changes on the RIGHT side of the screen & select Yes

After the restart, the touchscreen should work again.

Please follow these steps to see if you can enable the Touchscreen: 

• Open up the Device Manager
  • Find “Human Interface Devices”
  • Expand “Human Interface Devices”
  • Right-click on “HD-compliant touch screen.”
  • Click “Enable" (if available)
  • Restart your Notebook PC. 

If this does not seem to change anything, please use the System Restore feature and pick a date that was before the issues started. 

• Go to the Search
  • Type Control Panel
  • Click Control Panel
  • Click System
  • Click System Protection
  • Click System Protection Tab
  • Click System Restore
  • Click Next
  • Choose "Choose a different Restore point"
  • Click Next
  • A box that says "Restore your computer to the state it was in before the selected event" will pop up
  • Choose the event
  • Click Next
  • Click Finish
  • Click Yes to Confirm

When the System Restore is finished, you will get a pop up that says it has been completed.

Try running a system diagnostics test on your PC and check if the hardware components on your PC are functioning correctly.

Refer this article to know more information about running system diagnostics on your PC.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Let me know if this helps!

I hope you have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.