Resolve Windows 10 related issues for your HP computers or printers by HP Windows 10 Support Center
My tab was working fine. After a restart touchscreen just stopped working. Hasn't been working since. Need help pls.
Its a HP Omni tab 10.
Hey there! @Decatalyste, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!
I understand after restarting your tablet the touchscreen has stopped functioning.
Don't worry I'll try to help you out.
Did you make any hardware or software changes on your PC?
Please provide the product number of your PC to assist you better.
As you mentioned after restarting your tablet the touchscreen has stopped functioning.
1. As you power on the Omni 10, press the hardware Volume Down button to get into the BIOS menu
2. Select BIOS Setup (if the touchscreen is not responding, you'll need to plug in a USB mouse via a micro USB male to USB female adapter)
3. Select Exit on the LEFT side of the screen
4. Select Load Setup Defaults on the RIGHT side of the screen & select Yes
5. Select Exit Saving Changes on the RIGHT side of the screen & select Yes
After the restart, the touchscreen should work again.
Please follow these steps to see if you can enable the Touchscreen:
If this does not seem to change anything, please use the System Restore feature and pick a date that was before the issues started.
When the System Restore is finished, you will get a pop up that says it has been completed.
Try running a system diagnostics test on your PC and check if the hardware components on your PC are functioning correctly.
Refer this article to know more information about running system diagnostics on your PC.
If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.
Let me know if this helps!
I hope you have a great day! 🙂
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
A4Apollo I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for?
Ask the community