Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Note the fact that an HP rep hasn't responded to ANY of the comments in this string.  Shows poor customer support, lack of concern, and a who GAS attitude.  

HP Recommended

It would be nice if an HP rep would respond, because I am having the same exact issue.  It has been months since mine has charged/turned on. 

HP Recommended

I was tired of my X2's screen closing all the time so I took a huge leap and opened the screen case to see what the physical problem was. Here's my finding:

The ribbon wire for the screen was put in, and a tape was over the socket, but after pulling the tape out, it was evident that the ribbon tape's lock was not engaged. This caused the ribbon tape to move around in the case and if the contacts were not complete, the screen wouldn't turn on and no input would respond. So I placed the ribbon tape back in, locked it in place and put the tape back over it and VOILA.

I did some minor test runs with this fix, and I could move the screen with no more repercussions. No more having to pinch the screen to make it work!

This looks like a incompetence on the hardware installation step which should never actually have made it in the public, and I also noted it happening with the HP Split X2.

Hope that answers some of your questions... now if only a customer support could notice this problem and flag it.

HP Recommended

I have the Pavilion X2 11 , same problem.

Came with windows 8. Took me two days of updates to make it viable for 8.1 update. During all this time it was powering off itself, even if both batteries were full or it was plugged in.

A few attempts to update to windows 10 were intrerupted by this powering off, even if options changed to never let it go to sleep or turn off screen.

Now I own a nice paperweight,  turned itself off about half way downloading windows 10 (for the n-th time). Whatever I do it doesn't come back to life. If I press the power button for 10sec, sometimes the windows icon on tablet flashes a couple times and that's it.

My previous laptop (wich I'm still using )is a 2007 Compaq / Hp branded and that's why  I wanted another HP. Looks like in the meantime they make lower quality products than a chinese small factory that sells tablets for £20 shipped to the other end of the world.

All in one, goodbye HP. Returning this chunck of plastic and would look for another 2 in 1 laptop for school. Not too  many options at the moment..

HP Recommended

I posted dozens of times seeking assistance and on a hunch I went online and requested warranty service and within a day HP sent a prepaid box and is repairing the computer free. 

HP Recommended

Update--I have my machine back and it runs better than it did when it was new.  Stop messing with these boards and send it for warranty--if it's expired, it's a $300 lesson. 

HP Recommended

I bought a HP Pavillion back in Jan 2015. Soon after buying, maybe 1 month, the device had the same problems as described above. it first started witht eh power botton seeming not to function, and had to press a number of timmes to get in and out of sleep or witch on. I ended up afraid to swtich it off or put it into sleep incase i would not be able to get it back on.

couple weeks later it completly would not switch on. By this point i had already given up on the laptop as my portable choice, so i didnt take it in for warranty fix until about 6 months later.

HP support were very good and said the motherboard needed replacing.

I received it back and it was as good as new, all in working order. for the reasons of reliability i still have not been using it as a 1st choice, but lately had a use for it in the home and suprise suprise, its broken again.

This time the problem seems a little different. I kanow the laptop is able to switch on and off because i can see it connected to my network, but the disply is just not working. when i press the powere button i get a tiny quick flicker.

Unfortuntely its now only 1 month passed my warranty, Adn im guessing will be more expensive to fix than its worth. in total i ahve maybe only had 1 month use out of this laptop. Its fantastic when it works, but all in all, a terribly unreliable product by HP, I just dont understant why you would release such a poor product to market.

HP Recommended

My HP Pavilion x2 just stop coming on, so I went to this website;

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04491166.pdf

I then followed the directions for removing the back cover.  All the leads seemed to be connected. I then removed the tape from over the battery wire connection, disconnected the battery, then reconnected the battery, replaced the tape and Voila the unit turned on.  The battery showed a complete charge and is now working fine!

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with my brand new laptop. How on earth is this still not repaired?

During the first day, upgrading to windows 10 the power is of, not getting it back on. even if it is charging, it won't come on again. Once it showed a help screen after intensely pushing the escape button, but that happened just once and led to nothing. Now i have to send it back, not having it with me on my trip.

Kak (**bleep**)

HP Recommended

I have returned the faulty PavilionX2, got instead the Dell Inspiron 11 3147. 7 months later happy with my purchase and piece of mind with 3 years manufacturer warranty. So happy with the product, I bought another one for my wife.

Hp is a non existent brand for me now. Curently looking for a big display all-in-one desktop for work, would have gone for the 34" Envy from Hp but instead will have to look for something else - probably  LG 29.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.