Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I hold it down and the only thing i get is a blueish whit light by the camera, i cant get this thin to turn on

HP Recommended

I feel for you--I had the same problem.  This computer has no verification it's being charged and my plug in was broken so I only knew if it was charging when it was turned on and I could see the charging icon.  If the machine is off, there is no way to know if it's charging and it must be at 3% or higher battery to turn on--hence if it's complete dead and you plug it in, UNLIKE ANY OTHER COMPUTER I'VE EVER HAD, this thing will not turn on.  My problem was with plug in (female port was lose) so maybe it charged, maybe it didn't.  Also, unless you complete power it down, you will consume power, thus every morning my HP was dead...sometime it would charge up, mostly it didn't.  I bitched to HP and was told it was still under warranty and I sent it back.  It took about 10 weeks to return--must be a huge problem because they were out of the mother board where the female port connected.  Bottom line, stay away from these unless the make changes to let us know they are being charged and update the weak charging port from the USB like plug to a circle plug.  

HP Recommended

hp pavlion 10 Tablet. wont turn on again charge lite shows bat is gharged would sometimes be flashing like hard drive indicator light but screen still black.

HP Recommended
Thanks a lot! The disconnecting the battety just worked for me too! Works fine now. Before that just black screen and no reaction to anythig.
HP Recommended

OK, great - so you took it apart - can you exaplan the process and how to do that for the rest of us to fix this piece of **bleep** !!!

Cheers'
Dave

HP Recommended

‎I followed the instructions posted by REMH on 04-08-2016 10:16 PM.

Removed the back cover following the instructions in the manual. Then I took off tthe black tape covering the wiers, that are connecting the batterry (the big black thing) to the motherboard (or whateveer it is). After removing tthe tape I disconneted the battery and after like minute connected back again. Reaplied the tape and the back cover and then switched on the tablet again. It worked. It started normally and charging also worked. All is working since then. Hope it helps. Cheers H.

HP Recommended

And its still more shi**y ...... but now I can force it to turn on if need be, but now for whatever reason after you beat the hell out of the switch to turn it on ..... the touchscreen is dead. 

Theres no responce to finger swipes or anything off the mouse pointer so now to log in I have to plug in a mouse and after I get to the desktop - (no not the tablet mode) -  and I unplug the mouse it's still dead so why did the damm touch screen stop working !?!

Any more suggestions or ideas are welcome ..... it was nice to find out that the power button thing is a common crap quality control job on the part of HP so maybe others have the same touch screen problem too !!   I think if I get the chance I'll head down to Palo Alto and go find out where Meg Whitman lives and toss this piece of crap in her face!

BTW - I did request that HP re-open the warrenty claim on this hunk of junk and no answer yet out of HP  ( big surprise there huh )

Cheers'

Dave

HP Recommended

Hi guys, try this steps from me : 

1. Make sure your HP Pavilion X2 connected to power source ( Adapter ) and attached with the keyboard

2. Then, hold POWER BUTTON for 20 seconds. 

3. After that, unplug / remove a power source ( Adapter ) and the keyboard from your HP Pavilion X2. 

4. Wait for 20 Seconds. 

5. Okay, now put the keyboard back and plug a power source

6. Then press the POWER BUTTON. 

Your device will be turn on and back to normal. This step called "POWER CYCLE". I got this from HP Service center in my country. 

Hope this helps. THANKS !! 

-Cheers-

HP Recommended

This worked awesome! I know the tablet was powering up because the led light on the front was lighting up when i was pressing and holding the power button frantically in attmept to get the screen to come on. screen was not working so followed the steps to take of the back cover and adjust the screen ribbon wire.

It had been attached so poorly, and comes loose very easy. takes a little fiddling to get it in there becuase of the angle, but you must make sure you push if all the way in and engage, and you should not have a problem witht he screen.

(that fixed my problem this time, last tiem a had a problem though i think was nothing to do ith the screen. when i took it into HP, they said it was a logic board failure and replaced it, soon after i had the screen issues, so the screen issue was probably the technicians fault at HP

HP Recommended
Thanks for your great response. Fixed the issue for me this time after five frustrating hours trying every permutation of restart! New device, not impressed by this start (or lack of. ..!!).
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.